Uplink Activity - 10/25/2006

Hehe, Simmer down Smith. There won't be anything worth talking about in this thread till next week now.

"my verbage" ? OK, lets see ...
1920x1088x60/2 = 62668800 pps (pixels per second )

You're already wrong :p

1920x1080x60/2 if you please for a raw pixel count of
62,208,000/second

one pixel representing by 3 bytes ie 24 bits
62668800x24 = 1504051200 bps so far looks good,
but this is RAW stream,

Since your earlier math is wrong, so is this... it's really
1,492,992,000 ; which is why I used ~1.5 Gbits/second to indicate about 1.5 Gbits/second.

what NEVER seen in circuitry, that 2K buffer immediately processing by MPEG-2 encoder with ratio 1:100;
so practically we have ~16 Mbps stream as a SOURCE.

Yes, those values are in fact seen in circuitry, what do you suppose the output of the MPEG/MPEG-4/VC-1 decoder is? I threw in VC-1 because the Broadcom chip Dish uses currently is also used in HD-DVD and Blu-ray players and is capable of decoding VC-1 even though Dish doesn't use that capability.

Further, signal processing (if any is possible in the device) is done on that uncompressed stream, and the HDMI / DVI cable sends out that value as an decompressed HD stream.

But Scott's words were "raw, uncompressed HD stream" and the appropriate words should be "native HD stream" they are wildly different items.

Now tell me about the verbage :D

See above. As the saying goes, I just ate your lunch :hungry:

Cheers,

I knew you'll fall in the trap, and you DID. :D :p
1088 lines in the STREAM !, in the MPEG buffer !
hehe your sh!tty R50000 doesn't know so you did fall, congrat !

Last edited:
This has to be the worst uplink report thread ever. We are that starved of info we now are flicking each others ears!! I want some more HD channels!!

Last edited:
I was under impression you have it, according http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=703180&postcount=9, but mistyped the model R5000.

Not yet. It's on my "To Do" list. Part of that was doing the homework to determine whether my owned 622 or 211 was the better choice. I simply shared the information I got from NextCom with fellow members of the site.

Given that modifying the 622 doesn't buy me anything in terms of flexibility over the 211 I'll go with the 211 mod.