UPLINK Activity For the week of Jan 01 06 CES WEEK!

digiblur said:
They probably turned it off on purpose so they'd have an excuse for the downrezzing. LOL! ;)

No I doubt they turned it off, there was channels (such as some PPV and the INFO channel for Internationals) on 61.5 that are no longer uplinked anymore. So... I doubt they just turned it off (without having a home for those channels)

Looks like 26 died.

mattb said:
No I doubt they turned it off, there was channels (such as some PPV and the INFO channel for Internationals) on 61.5 that are no longer uplinked anymore. So... I doubt they just turned it off (without having a home for those channels)
Looks like 26 died.

Notice the little wink after my statement??

no, any changes they make to the satellite either moving, removing or adding are the result of changes being made to the uplink. The downlink is just a mirror image of those changes reflected back down to us with our dishes

Confused in ABQ

By posting what you have about the Uplink involving several Albuquerque channels on the satellite, does that mean that MPEG-4 receivers would actually receive that, or is this more or less only a placeholder for future activity by Dish?

I've been wrestling with which sat service to get for HD and plans for HD locals would be a big factor. Direct tends to point towards 2007 or later before they work down to ABQ.

Sorry for rudimentary questions, I'm new! :confused:

Aussiejohn said:
By posting what you have about the Uplink involving several Albuquerque channels on the satellite, does that mean that MPEG-4 receivers would actually receive that, or is this more or less only a placeholder for future activity by Dish?
I've been wrestling with which sat service to get for HD and plans for HD locals would be a big factor. Direct tends to point towards 2007 or later before they work down to ABQ.
Sorry for rudimentary questions, I'm new! :confused:

Welcome to Satelliteguys! :)

Just because the channels are uplinked, does not make them available to subscribers. However, Dish has announced ABQ as one of their local markets they will make available in the future. No one knows exactly what date they will be available :(. Since they are testing them, there is a good chance of them being available sooner than later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)