Uplink Activity Report - 1/21/2009 4:12pm - 145 changes

I didnt see Columbus, OH on this list, but I recall seeing it on an earlier uplink activity post and I did hear Columbus is coming on 2/1 or sometime around there...does anyone have any info on Columbus? Thanks.

Anyone waiting for locals shouldn't get upset if they don't see their city in the uplink yet. They are only getting started with setting up the tables for 129. Hang on to your seats....

If you want to see what is currently up there in the virtual world of Ciel-2 since the physical satellite is still at 138W being tested, look in my signature for the link to TheList or click the tab at the top of the page. Make sure you are in the subscription section and choose the satellite, such as 129, to see the locals. I would sort it by transponder as it makes the markets a little easier to see.

well, my locals are listed, however i was expecting/hoping the would uplink in HD. i have heard that the HD Uplink for dayton was available last sept and i thought they were just waiting for the new bird before making the HD feed available...

Finally The Santa Barbara DMA is listed for HD,just bought a new 32 inch HDTV but watching SD channels werent the best after watching HD.Any Clue on when these will be available

I can't wait till I see some activity for HD locals in the Tyler, TX market. Direct has had them for a while, so hopefully Dish will act soon on them. Wonder how to tell how this market ranks in size compared to other locations.
See post number 16 and visit the link. That will show you about what size cities are comparable to the Tyler/Longview DMA.

P.S. - Don't hold your breath for the Tyler stations. I've been waiting on Shreveport locals forever. Not gonna happen.

See post number 16 and visit the link. That will show you about what size cities are comparable to the Tyler/Longview DMA.

P.S. - Don't hold your breath for the Tyler stations. I've been waiting on Shreveport locals forever. Not gonna happen.

There might be hope yet... I believe the Shreveport DMA is under the coverage of one of the beams.

I've looked at the beams and can't find one that looks like it covers the Shreveport DMA. I was thinking we'de have to wait for the sd's to be replaced by hd's on 110. I hope I'm wrong.

P.S. Digi which spotbeam are you thinking covers Shreveport?

Yakima/Tri Cities, Washington HD Locals

I see these locals were posted in the 1/21 uplink. How long does it take after this posting before the HD channels are able to be viewed? I called Dish, but they were not available yet.

Thanks.

I see these locals were posted in the 1/21 uplink. How long does it take after this posting before the HD channels are able to be viewed? I called Dish, but they were not available yet.

Thanks.

It could be today it could be never, they are just uplinked for testing purposes, doesn't mean anything. Look at how many times the YES network was uplinked over the years just to be pulled down. Also, as mentioned earlier in this thread, all the uplinks to 129w were VIRTUAL uplinks for that orbital location, they dont actually exist until Ciel 2 arives...

Does anyone know if the Louisville, Ky hd locals will be on 129? The sd versions are on 110, I think, but the hd versions are now on eastern arc. I'm hoping that when the new 129 goes live they will be there also, so I don't have to switch to ea

I've looked at the beams and can't find one that looks like it covers the Shreveport DMA. I was thinking we'de have to wait for the sd's to be replaced by hd's on 110. I hope I'm wrong.

P.S. Digi which spotbeam are you thinking covers Shreveport?

Maybe this one on 129? We really don't know. It looks like a target at Arkansas but in most cases there are multiple TP's per beam.

Attachments

• CIEL2_SB37.jpg
    CIEL2_SB37.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 389

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts