Uplink Activity Report - 11/17/2008 6:02pm - 4 changes

D

DigiSAT Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 11/17/2008 6:02pm - 4 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 11/17/2008 05:02P - 11/17/2008 06:02P

Channel Mapdown Changes:
5375 - TMP10 EchoStar3 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam mapdown of 151 added (NA)
5375 - TMP10 EchoStar5 129W TP 13 ConUS beam mapdown of 151 added (NA)
5376 - TMP11 EchoStar3 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam mapdown of 401 added (NA)
5376 - TMP11 EchoStar5 129W TP 13 ConUS beam mapdown of 401 added (NA)

Channels in the system: 5803
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

[5375 - TMP10 EchoStar3 61.5W TP 16 ConUS beam mapdown of 151 added (NA)

crap, that TP doesn't come in too good sometimes :(

The mapdowns should give the channel names away :)

EPG contained a clue as well :D

and if you dig into the video program ID, 5375 is pointing to the same as 9442 (Tenis) and 5376 is pointing to 9443 (Bio.. for now I guess).

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 359
sorry to show my ignorance, but what's a mapdown?

As I understand it, the uplink information indicates that Channel 151, VS, and Channel 401, Golf, are assigned for test purposes channels 5375 and 5376. VS and Golf currently share Channel 398 for HD purposes, but are supposed to both go fulltime HD on December 8. The unstated belief becomes that an HD signal is now or will be tested on those channels for the purpose of going live with Golf HD and VS HD in the near future, hopefully on Dec.8, the earliest possible date. (Since I watch a lot of Golf channel, I've been awaiting this for a long time. I think the BBC is carrying the European Tour in HD now, and hopefully the Golf channel will be able to pick up the BBC HD feed.)

If you have Dish HD you know that the HD channels are "mapped" for program guide purposes in different locations. For instance, Tenis is shown at HD channel 9442, and for both standard and HD at 400, as indicated in a previous post. My assumption is therefore that Golf and VS. will be mapped into the HD channel location and also will be mapped at 401 and 151.

Not to worry, if you're appropriately subscribed when the channels go HD you'll find them. For now, just think of these 2 channels as sitting on "go" for HD purposes.:)

fitzie

As I understand it, the uplink information indicates that Channel 151, VS, and Channel 401, Golf, are assigned for test purposes channels 5375 and 5376. VS and Golf currently share Channel 398 for HD purposes, but are supposed to both go fulltime HD on December 8.

The bigger (and more speculative/prone to rumor) issue at hand... is this a good omen for the other three comcast HD channels slated to launch the same day?

The bigger (and more speculative/prone to rumor) issue at hand... is this a good omen for the other three comcast HD channels slated to launch the same day?

+1. If Golf and Versus are getting ready for testing, maybe we will shortly see evidence of E! HD, G4 HD, and Style HD testing. I think these are the most likely HD launches for the rest of the year.

sorry to show my ignorance, but what's a mapdown?

Mapdown just means that the channel can be tuned in at a lower channel number, it is not repeated on the satellite but it has multiple channel locations to access. For example,my ABC station is on 7105 but I can tune it in also on ite mapdown channel 10.

Asking a question is NEVER a sign of ignorance.

I sincerely hope not because SURELY E!, Style and G4 in regular TV are enough. Providing HD space for those when some basic channels and even lesser-knowns that would be better aren't available is stupid.

I sincerely hope not because SURELY E!, Style and G4 in regular TV are enough. Providing HD space for those when some basic channels and even lesser-knowns that would be better aren't available is stupid.

Not when you are trying to market HD only packs. E! is one of the things I miss, and I would be glad to get back just to watch The Soup.

Dish also still has enough space to offer a number of additional channels, including the Viacom's, Fox's and Rainbow's that also should be added.

Not when you are trying to market HD only packs. E! is one of the things I miss, and I would be glad to get back just to watch The Soup.

Dish also still has enough space to offer a number of additional channels, including the Viacom's, Fox's and Rainbow's that also should be added.

If the 3 channels noted above and referenced by HDRoberts are available and have been tested by Dec. 8, I would be surprised if they don't go live at that time. My expectation for early Dec. is at least 10 additional HD channels (counting VS and Golf), and perhaps 12 if Dish has been able to reach agreement to carry SpeedHD and FX HD.

If all goes well with Ciel-2, the HD floodgates should open wide in Feb. 2009.

fitzie

Ciel-2 is only half of the National HD equation. Need something at 61.5 to complete the space.

Except Ciel 2 has 16 TPs reserved for spots, meaning 16 for CONUS. E12 has only 12 reserved for spots, and with 4 inoperable, there should still be 16 available for CONUS there as well. They just need to accelerate removing the internationals that are clogging up space at 61.5. Granted, easier said than done.

Except Ciel 2 has 16 TPs reserved for spots, meaning 16 for CONUS. E12 has only 12 reserved for spots, and with 4 inoperable, there should still be 16 available for CONUS there as well. They just need to accelerate removing the internationals that are clogging up space at 61.5. Granted, easier said than done.
Especially when many of those Internationals are probably higher profit than many of the HDs would be. And as long as they are there they could be available to EA subscribers, unlike service at 118.

Ciel-2 is a Canadian licensed satellite. Ones figures seem to completely negate that fact. :)