Uplink Activity Report - 12/4/2008 4:02am - 67 changes

So why are there two HD locals on a CONUS transponder? Do they not have any beam that covers those two DMAs at all?

Because they are on E8 at 77W. It has limited spots that point in the wrong places as it was designed for 110. Lots of local HD going to 77, none on spots, apparently. Much of what is going to 77 is not covered by E12 spots at 61.5.

Quetzsat-1, its eventual replacement, will probably have spots.

Sorry, I missed that. I was glancing at the list and thought they all said 61.5.

Those HDTV on 110 more HD for us in Puerto Rico

Perhaps. Remember what they did with Sci-FI and USA for us in AK and HI? We can see the transponder just fine but wouldn't authorize them for our package. They did finally get them to us on spot beams, but the original channels still show up in red in the guide.

By Saying WWF are you realating to World Wildlife Foundation...or WWE...World Wrestling Entertainment On Demand!!! which would be GRRREEAATT!!

It is the World Wrestling Entertainment On Demand, also their are rumors going around that the World Wrestling Entertainment will be a full time HD channel, just like the NFL NBA etc.

From TheList
9470 - Lifetime
9471- Lifetime Move Network
9472 - TMP E on 129 only (TP 19)
9473 - Golf
9474-5, TMP25-6
9476-7 Empty
9478 - HBO-W
9479 - Action Max

ESPN, ESPN 2, and NFL are 9424-9426

I'm sorry, but I don't see how that says sports. Golf is the only sports channel there.

In fact, looking at were the TMPs were filled in (along with VS and Golf), they just took every empty slot from 9419 to 9475, with the exception of 9450, which is something called INFO5.

Of course, you could have info I don't about what's coming.
I noticed that myself. These HD channels in the 9000 are so radom, I don't see how anyone would be able to tell what channels they might be.. The HD in the 9000 are a complete mess as far as order goes.

When E* first put 7 HD MPEG-4 channels on a transponder, Digiblur did not announce the change, but instead created a Poll about whether those changes looked better or worse.

The results of the poll were virtually unanimous that they looked better.

There are plenty of posts in various DirecTV Forums about how various Dish HD channels look better than the equivalent DirecTV HD channels (and vice versa).

My HD RSN looks excellent when the match is from the local arena connected to the RSN's HQ by fiber. All the road matches look worse.

When they went to 7 my FSN-Wisconsin HD and Comcast Sports Chicago HD looked more compressed, you could literally see the grass blur completely and then come back into focus during MLB baseball games this past 2008 season!!!!

When they went to 7 my FSN-Wisconsin HD and Comcast Sports Chicago HD looked more compressed, you could literally see the grass blur completely and then come back into focus during MLB baseball games this past 2008 season!!!!

In a earlier post, you didn't even know there were 7 to a transponder..Now you know when it happened? You're such a joke...:rolleyes:

If and only if you have a 61.5 wing dish. Which as I found out is not the standard installation for omaha. Sure makes sense to me. :rolleyes:

I've got the 61.5 dish installed. Apparently was the very first my installer had done. I'm tempted to unplug 129 because the signal strength on 61.5 is as least double.

I've got the 61.5 dish installed. Apparently was the very first my installer had done. I'm tempted to unplug 129 because the signal strength on 61.5 is as least double.

If the launch one week from now works out well, then the signal strength at 129 will be very much increased in 4-6 weeks.

what about us in Puerto Rico and the usvi could those 7 channels be a package for us down here? I know the answer but let me dream a little

what about us in Puerto Rico and the usvi could those 7 channels be a package for us down here? I know the answer but let me dream a little

Those HD channels are going to be available because they are in Conus Beam so we have to wait what is on it.

We have to wait until JohnH, James Long or TNG TONY or somebody reports what channel is on!:)

I for one am not getting my hopes up. My guess is still that they are putting up some RSNs 24-7, Probably the Comcast ones, since VS and Golf are both Comcast channels.

I for one am not getting my hopes up. My guess is still that they are putting up some RSNs 24-7, Probably the Comcast ones, since VS and Golf are both Comcast channels.

I wouldn't be surprised at ESPN-U HD, but that's about it (aside from locals, of course).

I can see Charlie trumpeting the Ciel-2 launch on the chat Monday: you know, "we've got a new sat going up tomorrow and if the launch is successful we'll have additional capacity for national HD in 2009". That's the big announcement. I'm sure as well he'll make a BIG deal out of Golf/VS-HD. See: TWO new HD channels!

I wouldn't be surprised at ESPN-U HD, but that's about it (aside from locals, of course).

I can see Charlie trumpeting the Ciel-2 launch on the chat Monday: you know, "we've got a new sat going up tomorrow and if the launch is successful we'll have additional capacity for national HD in 2009". That's the big announcement. I'm sure as well he'll make a BIG deal out of Golf/VS-HD. See: TWO new HD channels!
Sadly, you're probably correct...