Uplink Activity

jwgreen68

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hiding in your attic
This is Uplink Wed., so I can just see it now. We finally get QVC HD, WFN 79 HD, Obama Wil KILL America HD, Dish Neighborhood HD, Inside Charlies Bathroom HD!

Yup, just another great day of Dishnetwork Uplink Activity.

I wouldn't even bother with doing a report. Save all of us the headache and frustration! Just put a big NO on the homepage!

This is Uplink Wed., so I can just see it now. We finally get QVC HD, WFN 79 HD, Obama Wil KILL America HD, Dish Neighborhood HD, Inside Charlies Bathroom HD!

I wouldn't even bother with doing a report. Save all of us the headache and frustration! Just put a big NO on the homepage!

Bother with doing the report? No one bother's with it. It's automatic ;)

Just don't check it and you'll be fine. The rest of us can continue with the frustration and headaches. :)

I expect this week's could be interesting in preparation for next week. I imagine there is still a lot of moving to do, and they could use some more test channels (not on 148) to begin testing new HD.

Hope you're right.:hungry:
Me too...

I know knothing from the inside..

But if you look they did it last time before they released their last earnings report.

The next earnings report comes out November 10th...

Also the next Tech Chat is November 10th...

I can see them putting on the happy face with more new HD in order to take eyes off their poor numbers of the earnings call.

Lets see if History is any indication.

And yes we could see if some changes are made this week which could give us a good clue.

Me too...

I know knothing from the inside..

But if you look they did it last time before they released their last earnings report.

The next earnings report comes out November 10th...

Also the next Tech Chat is November 10th...

I can see them putting on the happy face with more new HD in order to take eyes off their poor numbers of the earnings call.

Lets see if History is any indication.

And yes we could see if some changes are made this week which could give us a good clue.
Well, I hope we Snoopy dancing again "soon"!

Snoopy is ready to dance.

Here is what I think we will see today...

The HDPPV on 110 set to NA
The new HDPPV uplinked on 61.5/129 last week set to A

The space freed up on 110 by the HD PPV to be renamed to HDTST and made available to customers next week.

The space freed up on 110 by the HD PPV to be renamed to HDTST and made available to customers next week.
How many channels are we talking about possibly? Sorry to be a pain, but I can't get anywhere with Dish and my LOcals HD. I've told them I'm going to switch to Directv and they give me instructions on where to send my equipment. Bad customer service. No wonder their churn is so high!

I would think there would be some indication in the guide for that with the going off air. I'd hate to pay $6 for a movie only to have the channel go away after purchase.

Also, I'd think they would want to get on that MPEG4 transition on 110.

We won't know what the churn is until the earnings reports.

I wouldn't recommend discontinuing DISH until you've had a successful DIRECTV installation. DIRECTV seems to be weeks behind in their installations.

I wonder why Direct is so far behind on their installs. Is it possible they have so many new customers they can't keep up?

The real report is coming up very soon. :D
It will contain some HD launches. :D

Well, thanks for the info. I guess we tend to forget that "HD launches" can mean national or local (or PPV or RSN, I suppose).

I'm glad for Alaska but not having any new national HD this week is a bummer!