Uplink Activity

If history is any indication, not one of the 6 Billion humans will notice anything Dish Network does on November 5th (or DirecTV or Comcast, etc.).

Think about it...

.... the morning after first Tuesday...

Actually, it is the morning after the Tuesday after the first Monday. Election day is not always on the first Tuesday. It has to follow the first Monday (therefore, the Tuesday after the first Monday). Thus, election day can never be on November 1st (All Saints Day) and can be as late as November 8th.

Agreed that Nov 5 would be a questionable day to launch new channels (unless they are post-election launching FoxNews - igniting many conspiracy theories).

But they could do a Monday morning launch on the tenth (like they did with the big expansion on that dubious day in May)

Uplink activity on the 4th would not be unusual. It is a Tuesday and voting day is not a holiday. I really suspect the big made available day will be the 6th. Dish likes to do things on Thursday and it is the last Thursday before the earnings call.

Agreed that Nov 5 would be a questionable day to launch new channels (unless they are post-election launching FoxNews - igniting many conspiracy theories).

But they could do a Monday morning launch on the tenth (like they did with the big expansion on that dubious day in May)

There likely would be only uplinks on Wednesday anyway. Channels wouldn't be made available to subs until Thursday or Friday or even later, right? Without any uplinked test or other hidden channels currently streaming, I doubt there will be an national HD surprises this next week. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see any more national HD at all this year. They will simply say they couldn't come to an agreement. They'll likely raise the prices by at least $5 again in February. That's when people will really consider whether to stay or not. One could assume the upcoming report won't be bad for them if they don't feel the need to add some more HD to smooth things over for investors.

There likely would be only uplinks on Wednesday anyway. Channels wouldn't be made available to subs until Thursday or Friday or even later, right? Without any uplinked test or other hidden channels currently streaming, I doubt there will be an national HD surprises this next week. It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't see any more national HD at all this year. They will simply say they couldn't come to an agreement. They'll likely raise the prices by at least $5 again in February. That's when people will really consider whether to stay or not. One could assume the upcoming report won't be bad for them if they don't feel the need to add some more HD to smooth things over for investors.

Logical speculation, but in one aspect not probable. The way in which 12 or so HD channels were specifically listed is very similar to the way in which the group of 17 HD channels went live earlier this summer. From the way that information was presented, I figured Dish actually had the agreements, and was just trying to work out the details to go live with a bloc of channels and reap maximum Publicity and enhance good PR before the end of the year. If Dish doesn't go live with at least 10 new national HD channels before the second Monday in December I will be astonished. (A la Casablanca: "You mean that gambling goes on here? I am astonished, sir, astonished!"):)

Best regards,
fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)