URC-8910 remote anyone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 15, 2005
India
Forgive me if it is out of the scope of this forum? Has anyone tried All for One URC-8910 remote? I bought one at Best buy yesterday for less than $30. Called the customer support to get a upgrade for my Coolsat 5000 and they did it immediately over the phone:) . Yet to test it as I needed a land line to upgarde the remote and could not do it at home over voip phone.

Anyone of you have used this remote with sat recvr? Any good?

I had to get this as my coolsat remote was not working properly with TV. I will update once I check it in eve.

Zero,
No, I don't think that your question is out of the scope of this forum.
I just bought a URC 8810 on Ebay to try to solve my Fortec remote problem. I don't know if yours is similar to mine, but I think that they're both JP1 compatible. From what I've read, you should be able to program your remote (with your computer) to do just about anything you want. I haven't received shipment of mine yet. Hope to find time to mess with it over the next couple of months when it comes.
Another forum member pointed me to JP1 programming. I had never heard of it.

A link for JP1 programming:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/

Good luck!

Last edited:
Tim,
Thankyou!

I have good news! Checked the remote late in evening and bam:clap it is working with Coolsat 5000. Only functions I had to add was colour buttons and Sat (group) button using IR learning function!
Now I am set to use it with my TV, Sat recvr and Inkyo home theatre. Yet to get it working for my Lite On DVD recorder:confused:

The difference between URC-8810 and 8910 is the added LCD display I guess. OFA customer support do the upgrade over the phone and they are very helpful and quick!

Zero,

does your remote come with a UHF adapter?

Your remote acutally has a RJ-11 port for phone upgrades???

Mind providing some pics?

Tim,

just cleared the my pm's :) Dropped the wife at the airport today so I've got until next tuesday to get this completed :) Got to look around the house for my UHF adapter. Can't find it since the move. I'll keep you posted

Tim,
It is a IR remote and I do not think it comes with a UHF adaptor. It is having a JP-1 connector and not RJ-11.
Over the phone support person send a tone, which sounds like dial up modem. You are supposed to hold the power button on the remote close to (facing) ear peice of (your land line) telephone handset. Mobile phone does not work! It gets upgraded easily that way. Here is the link for the site.
http://www.ofausa.com/remote.php?type=URC 8910

I can post the pix in the eve if you need. Plz send me a pm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)