Urgent Answers Needed Install Going on Now!

SoMDStargazer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 10, 2010
Southern Maryland
Guys,

Am I being given the correct information from the Dish tech who is doing my install right now as I write this that:

Having 722k installed for 2 HD TVs Both have HDMI plugs.
He claims the The coax lead from the 722k will carry the signal to my 2nd TV in HD. Am I losing anything in picture quality by this? :confused:

Having a 222k installed on one HD and one SD TVs :confused: The HD TV has a component plug that could be used.

He claims that the RCA jacks (Red-Wht-Yellow) going into the HD TV will also carry the signal in HD. Again same question, am I losing anything in quality with this arrangement?

I would greatly appreciate some speedy replies!

He is wrong on both. On question 1, you will be able to watch the HD channels, but they will not be in HD. On question 2, if I understand it right, you need to connect th the HD tv with either HDMI or component to get HD.

Okay thanks I know I wasn't crazy. He jkeeps saying it's HD it's HD. I'm on the phone with E* tech support now. After theat wilol need to do a little fott putting down.

you will probably need another high def receiver.

did the installer inform you off the new monthly fees?

After the first receiver 722s are 17 bucks a month.plus the 6 buck a month DVR fee per account, its no longer waived if you get americas everything pack

The fees effective feb 1st can really add up and the contract you sign allows them to change the fees at any time:(

Okay thanks I know I wasn't crazy. He jkeeps saying it's HD it's HD. I'm on the phone with E* tech support now. After theat wilol need to do a little fott putting down.

having the signal come off of coax or though the yellow composite connection will never provide you a HD signal. Those will only give you a SD output from the receivers.

Guys,

Am I being given the correct information from the Dish tech who is doing my install right now as I write this that:

Having 722k installed for 2 HD TVs Both have HDMI plugs.
He claims the The coax lead from the 722k will carry the signal to my 2nd TV in HD. Am I losing anything in picture quality by this? :confused:

Having a 222k installed on one HD and one SD TVs :confused: The HD TV has a component plug that could be used.

He claims that the RCA jacks (Red-Wht-Yellow) going into the HD TV will also carry the signal in HD. Again same question, am I losing anything in quality with this arrangement?

I would greatly appreciate some speedy replies!

#1-he is wrong-but you can feed one tv with HDMI and one with component output in single mode, both outputs are live.
#2 if he uses the provided red/wht/yel cable for a component cable(red/bl/gr) then you could have HD, i've use many a red/wh/yl cable as a component cable. he can always use the other cable from your 722k for the sound, or if that tv has an optical input.

if i were you though, i would defiantly call and complain to his supervisor and dish while you were at it. they either have incompetent employees or lazy ones. hope it goes well for you.

and welcome, i see you are a fairly new member!

Also ask for a credit or something for your aggervation and time having to call in. Coax does NOT carry HD from a television receiver. Has to be HDMI / component unless you have some type of DHMI / component to ethernet convertor.

did the installer inform you off the new monthly fees?

The fees effective feb 1st can really add up and the contract you sign allows them to change the fees at any time:(

Gee, if only you would have informed us of the new fees!!

It is too bad that your source didn't tell you so you could tell us. Haven't you canceled your service yet Bob??

Gee, if only you would have informed us of the new fees!!

It is too bad that your source didn't tell you so you could tell us. Haven't you canceled your service yet Bob??

OP is NEW, got a bad installer and probably wasnt informed of the new fees, and it appears he is a multi DVR sub.

Now if you were him wouldnt you want to know? My bill rolls over on feb 13th. Currently I am analyzing my needs wants etc.

Called E asked for new price they hadnt a clue

Ok so I asked my wife these two questions. She laughed both times and said no.

It is great having a wife that understands and enjoys this stuff like me. I'm so lucky.

Bob, what would we do without you??

I have a source that said you were leaving Dish and going to Fios, please don't make my 'source' look as bad as yours does...........................

I have a 722k run to my main tv by hdmi and to my computer room by component. So I have hd in two rooms in using just tv1 output. So you definitely can use one receiver for two rooms for hd if you don't mind watching the same thing. I also have a 211k for my kid in his room and will add a 211k next week in the bedroom for hd in that room as well. So 4 hdtvs all looking at hd.:up