Urgent Help Needed re- moving

Status
Please reply by conversation.

metfan11

Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
hey guys, i currently have directv in the Philadelphia market, but with an NY service address. However, i am now moving, still staying in the same market. I tried getting local installers but they were charging way too much. So, I called directv and setup my installation for Monday. I still want to keep my service address in NY. After the installation, is directv going to automatically change my service address? They hire private companies to do the installation jobs, so could I even call after the installation is done, and say that the equipment was not yet installed and to keep my NY address? Any help on this issue is appreciated

I don't see a problem.
The service address is where you get service. That can be different from a billing address.
If you move the equipment out of a market area they will activate for the area where the equipment is being used.

Joe

I think his question his, are the local installers going to rat him out?

They almost certainly will. They will activate the system with the new (correct) service address, just because that's the way it's done. In fact, DirecTV may already have put the new service address in his record.....If he manages to keep his old service address it will be by accident...

Yup,
DTV has a right to know who they are dealing with. It is out of the installers hands. however. They get a work order with a name, address and phone number and that is where they go. Everything should already be in the system before the wheels roll.

What frosts me over are the few ...and I mean few times something is not set and I, as an installer, have to sit while addresses & old balances get thrashed around. Once the equipment is attached to the home you can not legally just pick it up and move it.
But DTV does not have to turn it on or leave it running. They run the "data stream" and can bend and pinch that sucker until it stops dripping.

Joe

Why won't the service address automatically change when they do the install?

If you moved from one city to another why wouldn't D* change your service address , since you are using the movers program?

Your best bet is to just let them change your service address to your real one, get installed, then "move" back to the NY market shortly thereafter. Just say it didn't work out or something in the new home.

hey guys, i currently have directv in the Philadelphia market, but with an NY service address. However, i am now moving, still staying in the same market. I tried getting local installers but they were charging way too much. So, I called directv and setup my installation for Monday. I still want to keep my service address in NY. After the installation, is directv going to automatically change my service address? They hire private companies to do the installation jobs, so could I even call after the installation is done, and say that the equipment was not yet installed and to keep my NY address? Any help on this issue is appreciated
A D* company installer is more likely to go by the book.In that case as soon as the w/o is closed the physical address will change in the records..Pay the price and have the local people do it..Tip the guy a 20 spot to keep his yapper shut..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Season Pass Manager (HR10-250)

Lost the ac power cord for my directv tivo box r10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)