Wii Mario Kart with wheel NINTENDO OF AMERICA WII 263K
Call of Duty: World at War* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD 360 193K
Mario Kart DS NINTENDO OF AMERICA NDS 145K
New Super Mario Bros NINTENDO OF AMERICA NDS 144K
Guitar HeroWorld Tour* ACTIVISION BLIZZARD WII 136K

Killzone was only two days of sales.

Hardware is a bigger concern.

NewPicture.jpg

Ya, Killzone 2 isn't going to get an opportunity to look 'strong' though it will be crushed in March by RE5 for both systems and Halo Wars, which has already sold 1 million.

I think Killzone 2 is under performing big time I think... we're not getting anyone tooting their horn about sales despite reports of '1.1 million preorders' in europe, yet the '750k after 3 weeks' worldwide report from VGChartz was never disputed and their USA numbers were more or less spot on. Generally not a good place for reliable information, but part of their data was in the right ballpark and nobody has given us a reason to question the rest. The only thing we have heard from anyone about it is 'well it will have the bulk of it's sales in March' but I am not sure it will do too much better than Feb... maybe 350-400k? It's going to play 2nd fiddle to RE5 the same way it did in Feb to SF4.

Ya it's a very good game, and not your typical shooter.

It could very well fall out of the top 10 for March too... a lot of big numbers expected for some new titles next month:

RE5 360
RE5 ps3
wiifit
wiiplay
mariokart wii
Cod Wow
guitar hero Wii
Pokemon
mario kart ds
nsmb ds
madworld
GTA - DS

Also NPD confirmed that with February's data, WiiFit passed Halo 3's 5.9 million units sold.

Considering the price difference, that's a pretty big deal. The Wii prints money, the WiiFit helps Nintendo keep their balance while holding the bags.

I think a lot of people assume KZ2 is just the same ol', run-of-the-mill F.P.S.'s. That's a shame. It kicks so much ass, IMHO.
I think what hurts it is that no one really cares. I mean, when Killzone 1 came out, it didn't exactly light up the world. First it was supposed to be some "Halo-Killer," then it came out to a bunch of reviews that ranged from, "Eh, it's ok" to "It's good." I played the demo, and while it was brutally short, it did whet my appetite enough for me to want to play the whole game. I think it'll pass the 1.5 million mark rather easily, but since it's such a Sony exclusive, I don't see it being the "Killer app" that the PS3 is in desperate need for.

So after 2 months (more than that I'm guessing all the fall months they did the same?) of selling fewer consoles compared to the year prior, Sony said today:

"We have no doubt 2009 will be another year of continued momentum..."

and

"promises to be another record year for the PlayStation brand"

SCEA: Killzone 2 to drive PS3 sales all year - VideoGamer.com

They also dropped prices at GDC. Of their developer kits.

I think what hurts it is that no one really cares. I mean, when Killzone 1 came out, it didn't exactly light up the world. First it was supposed to be some "Halo-Killer," then it came out to a bunch of reviews that ranged from, "Eh, it's ok" to "It's good." I played the demo, and while it was brutally short, it did whet my appetite enough for me to want to play the whole game. I think it'll pass the 1.5 million mark rather easily, but since it's such a Sony exclusive, I don't see it being the "Killer app" that the PS3 is in desperate need for.
I'm with ya. I don't think it will be the "Halo-killer" this go-round, either. However, I do think it has some of the best online play (action/intensity/levels/ranks, etc.) I've ever been a part of. Maybe you're right...noone really cares...:( To each, his own, I suppose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts