USA, Sci-Fi HD Today?

Dish is only major provider not carrying USA-HD at this time. Yes, DirecTV is airing ads stating the obvious.

I believe D* knows more than our insiders know. Otherwise, why waste time and money producing adds that will be no good in a week or two. My guess is that USA and SCI-FI are at least a month away.
Anytime company's say, "we are close to a deal", all it really means is "SOON".
And I think all of us here, know what "SOON" means to Charlie.

I remember everybody here laughing at those DirecTV commercials about HD when they came out several months ago.

Ain't nobody laughing now. :(

They just got back the SkyAngel bandwidth on 61.5... they could at least fill THAT up with something useful....
From what I've read, the Sky Angel TPs were added to the spot beams being used for the new HD Locals, etc.. This is a very efficient use of the old Sky Angel bandwidth since those frequencies can be reused on different spot beams. By adding these TPs to the spot beams, each spot beam can serve more DMAs. This is particularly important in areas where one spot beam covers many closely spaced DMAs.

Presumably the subs who are getting their HD locals now think of that as "something useful". I know I did :)

Talon Dancer

I had three movies on mine.... Maybe it is filled in with content if you have a broadband connection?

Surf's Up, Next, Perfect Strangers..... Not bad....

I forget the exact channel number, but I hit 5000 and it comes up... STVOD is the channel label..... followed by an HD channel called TEST, that has some travelogue shows on it....

I believe it's 5740 or 5470 (I'm lucky to remember my own address), I have the same three movies and have the broadband connection, so that doesn't appear to add content.

Last edited:
I just want to tell you both good luck. We're all counting on SciFi HD.

Attachments

• airplaneSPLASH.jpg
    airplaneSPLASH.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 101
I believe D* knows more than our insiders know. Otherwise, why waste time and money producing adds that will be no good in a week or two. My guess is that USA and SCI-FI are at least a month away.
Anytime company's say, "we are close to a deal", all it really means is "SOON".
And I think all of us here, know what "SOON" means to Charlie.

I think it's actually a good sign for Dish. Direct is probably trying to get as many new subscribers into a commitment with them as they can in the next week or two before Dish lights up USA and SCi Fi in HD (fingers crossed...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)