Usahd &scifihd On Guide

Maineiac

SatelliteGuys Family
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 12, 2005
While setting up my new Samsung DLP and checking picture quality about 1PM today I am sure that i saw both listed one above TBSHD today with a 1PM program and when i checked later it was not there. Did anyone else see this or was i dreaming?

Not I. Maybe you were dreaming about hd heaven. Or maybe you had it on all channels?

I was only checking HD channels and there was no listed shows except one starting at 1PM on one of the 2 channels.

On std tv guide usa and SciFi channels are not listed one after the other and these were listed one after the other after TBSHD

Digi showed us on the uplink report that they were moving some hd channels around on 61.5 and 129. Maybe it has something to do with this. Maybe the engineers were playing around and showed something they were not suppose to.

Digi showed us on the uplink report that they were moving some hd channels around on 61.5 and 129. Maybe it has something to do with this. Maybe the engineers were playing around and showed something they were not suppose to.

Nope. The 61.5 and 129 changes had nothing to do with the 110 HD.

The guide data has been available for quite some time but the channel is flagged to be hidden from normal subscriber receivers. We've seen cases of some channels popping up when people are not subbed to them, such as the HD's on the AK/HI spotbeam. A reset causes the receiver to "fix" the hiccup. If if you were able to tune to these channels, I'm betting you'd see some sort of slate as they are still a static bit rate of 4mbps.

Digi. Why would they load up 7 hd on a transponder on a weak sat. like the 129. Would it be better to do that to another sat? That is if they plan to put some more hd channels up soon.

Digi. Why would they load up 7 hd on a transponder on a weak sat. like the 129. Would it be better to do that to another sat? That is if they plan to put some more hd channels up soon.

You're comparing signal strength to compression. You either have the signal or you don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts