USALS and Mytheatre

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coisado

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
So i finally figured out how to use usals with mytheatre. At least for my setup i figured that when you change birds you need to change to an H polarity channel in order for the motor to do anything. Previously i had my twinhan slaved to my coolsat and would use the coolsat to drive the motor then i could use the card to scan. So here is the question. Does anybody know how to drive the motor in mytheatre using usals to a bird that has yet to be scanned? Or do i need to throw the coolsat back in line for at least the intial scan? This would be super helpful as scanning ehhh football season is rapidly aproaching.

So i finally figured out how to use usals with mytheatre. At least for my setup i figured that when you change birds you need to change to an H polarity channel in order for the motor to do anything. Previously i had my twinhan slaved to my coolsat and would use the coolsat to drive the motor then i could use the card to scan. So here is the question. Does anybody know how to drive the motor in mytheatre using usals to a bird that has yet to be scanned? Or do i need to throw the coolsat back in line for at least the intial scan? This would be super helpful as scanning ehhh football season is rapidly aproaching.

You mean a bird that is not in the " list " ?

Wyr

yes. exactly.

Do you have a collection of " ini " files ? If so , import the sat . The sat degrees for the ini files are from the other direction -> AMC 4 101 West will be
2590.ini -> 259 East .

If you do not have the ini files , let us know and some one will be glad to email them to you .

Wyr

i got all my *.ini files from joshyfun. The problem i have now is how do i use usals to point the dish to a previously non scanned bird so i can do an intial scan? Previously i had my twinhan slaved to my coolsat 5000. Any time i wanted to go to a bird that previously had not been scanned in mytheatre I would use the stb to point the dish then scan with the computer. Now that the coolsat in not inline anymore, how do I get the motor to go to the new satellite that has not been scanned?

Not sure why Usals isn't working for you. I have a twinhan 1020, using the bda driver for xp(although I'm using Vista, it seems to work fine).
Import one of the Joshyfun ini files. Set up your diseqc info, don't forget to click "do now" then "ok". Down below set lof1 and lof2 from the drop down boxes, click apply at the bottom. In the right hand pane, click "sel all", then "scan". The dish should move to that bird and scan, it may take a while to move. Most of the time I have to re-scan because Mytheatre is scanning while the dish is still moving to the bird and I miss some channels.
Maybe you have another problem, your dish should move when you select either v or h transponders, you say it will only work on h, do you have a switch in line? If so, try withou it, might be a cable problem?

i got all my *.ini files from joshyfun. The problem i have now is how do i use usals to point the dish to a previously non scanned bird so i can do an intial scan? Previously i had my twinhan slaved to my coolsat 5000. Any time i wanted to go to a bird that previously had not been scanned in mytheatre I would use the stb to point the dish then scan with the computer. Now that the coolsat in not inline anymore, how do I get the motor to go to the new satellite that has not been scanned?

I think MT 3.38 supports USALS ?

Set it up in the menues .

Go to your sat in the sat menue , select all the Trans Ponders and click scan .

The first few TP's may come up empty , while the motor is moving the dish . When the dish is positioned , you should start getting channels . Exit the menues & see if you get anything ( video & audio ) .

Repeat the scan , if necessary .

Scan Echo 7 , try to find Angel channel . It is not scrambled .

Wyr

Thanks Wyr and starman. I will try it again wo/ the switch.

Hazah, I got it to work. I took the switch out then put it back in and it worked. This will make for a much happier fall. 4:2:2 feeds here we come. Thanks y'all.

Hazah, I got it to work. I took the switch out then put it back in and it worked. This will make for a much happier fall. 4:2:2 feeds here we come. Thanks y'all.

Hey, thats great, usually it is something small that gives the most grief. You may have a problem with the switch again, I've had many headaches with switches until I coughed up the $$ and bought a Spaun. It seems to handle anything I throw at it. Anyway, hope your problems are behind you.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)