usals and the microhd

mucketbucket

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2010
louisville,ky
I have the microhd and a 10' dish with a dmx741 lnb. I have it set up with 2 cables using the encoda splitter that came with it. I am using the ku and cband setup currently instead of the universal setting. Will the usals setup work with this?

How are you controlling the C-band dish actuator? G-box, V-box or a BUD receiver? USALS does not control a V-box / G-box.
I don't think that the DMX741 is an Universal type LNBF. Are you wanting to use the Universal LNB setting "UNIVERSAL 5150/10750" with the Ecoda switch?

How are you controlling the C-band dish actuator? G-box, V-box or a BUD receiver? USALS does not control a V-box / G-box.
I don't think that the DMX741 is an Universal type LNBF. Are you wanting to use the Universal LNB setting "UNIVERSAL 5150/10750" with the Ecoda switch?

Thanks for the reply AV,

I am using the vbox to move the dish and I did not see anywhere that it said it was usals compatible is why I was asking, just thought it might work somehow. The 741 will do universal but it doesn't report the tp#'s correct when viewing the channels, plus some of the ku's are a few clicks off from cband so I just don't use the universal setting.

The V-box can be directly controlled by the microHD using DiSEqC 1.2.

If the TP frequencies are incorrect, an incorrect LO has likely been selected.

Universal setting only indicates that a 22khz command is automatically issued to switch between the low LO and the high LO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)