Usals modification for H2H motors

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Last Monday I finished the Usals mod for my friend PaulvR's second AJAK (sold him mine some time ago)
I made the mistake to made the same 48 slot pulswheel , but by the difference in gear ratio between these 2 rotors , it did'nt work out .
Testing and calculating showed it should be a 41 and a half slotted pulswheel , wich is not realistic .
But using 41 slots wheel and changing the LAT in the Usals menu from 51.8 N to 46.8 N did the job .
Hard to find out the exact type of the Ajak rotor , no plates or numbers at both of them .
At "mine" Ajak , the end-switches are at the bottum side , at Paul's Ajak they are at the top side and his main gear wheel is thicker .

Attachments

• C-band Ajak motor opt pulser.JPG
    C-band Ajak motor opt pulser.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 298
  • Ajak Paul.jpg
    Ajak Paul.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 332
  • Ajak Mine.jpg
    Ajak Mine.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: FTA4PA
Paul's AJAK is an H180. That is the heaviest duty model AJAK. I have two of them up. I found the gearing to be one revolution of the sensor wheel equals one degree of dish movement. I am using a DiSEqC 1.2 controller at 20 counts per degree on them. I like what you did with the USALS. Very cool.

Thanks Magic Static , for helping out to identify that rotor , hope someone knows the other one .
Before I made the mod ,I asked Paul about the amount of pulses between several stored positions , it came out at prox. 10 pulses / 1º
It depends at what location (LAT) the dish is , Paul's 51.8 N , Yours about the same ?

Thanks Magic Static , for helping out to identify that rotor , hope someone knows the other one .
Before I made the mod ,I asked Paul about the amount of pulses between several stored positions , it came out at prox. 10 pulses / 1º
It depends at what location (LAT) the dish is , Paul's 51.8 N , Yours about the same ?
I'm south of that @46.8°N, I see what you mean now. :)

There is a manual for the AJAK "Horizon 180" in the fta manuals section. I think the one you have might be the "Patriot" model.

Here pictures of "mine" Ajak , certainly not a patriot .
Attached with a bar for the 120 cm FIBO Gregorian dish

Attachments

• mine inside.jpg
    mine inside.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 230
  • mine covered.jpg
    mine covered.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 237
  • Ajak revisie 007.jpg
    Ajak revisie 007.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 251
Status