USB external speakers?

tsunami2311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 3, 2017
NJ
Anyone know if 4k joey/joey can have usb speakers attached to them work?

or it just RCA/hdmi/optical and Bluetooth speaker will work with?

I will answer this as i just ask dish for anyone else intrested,

USB on joey will not feed speakers reguardless if they self power speakers, I will probably double check when i get my new speakers, providing i actual buy them and report back

We have hardware gurus here who have tremendous experience and knowledge. Hopefully, they will answer.

Personally, I am pretty confident Joey (no idea about newest) doesn't have the capability to send audio signals thru usb connection.
I connected my Joey2 to a small soundbar in my kitchen thru optical audio
cable. I keep the tv sound off and let the soundbar provide the sound.

One tiny annoyance with this setup: My inexpensive but solid Vizio tv has only one hdmi input. So, I use a hdmi splitter for Dish and Roku. When I use Roku I have to use tv's sound since soundbar is connected only to Joey2.
Usb speakers are fine for pcs since they have sound cards.

Who knows? Future Joeys might provide that feature.

I am absolutely loving the results after I decided to pair a really good set of stereo bluetooth speakers that happen to be located behind my TV/Monitor to my Joey 4K.

One tiny annoyance with this setup: My inexpensive but solid Vizio tv has only one hdmi input. So, I use a hdmi splitter for Dish and Roku. When I use Roku I have to use tv's sound since soundbar is connected only to Joey2.
Does the Vizio not have an optical out? Then you can send that feed to the soundbar, and it should be whatever you're watching.

Thanks Sam. The Vizio is a budget tv with limited inputs. Since it fits perfectly underneath my kitchen corner cabinet I am pleased with it. No optical out. Vizio is unable to send the signal to soundbar with RCA cables. But, Joey2 does it with optical cable to soundbar.
The choices for a small size tv are very limited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)