USB Hard Drive on VIP 211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rjfrandle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2006
Minnesota
I have a External hard drive on my VIP 211. The 211 I have was replaced a month or so ago because the HDMI plug went dead. It seemed OK, but now when we try to watch shows from the DVR, especially if we fast forward, skip, etc..., the thing pops a box up that says "The USB Hard Drive has been unplugged. The receiver will now be restarted". It does this frequently now, and you can't really watch recorded programs very well. Has anyone seen this. I would like to know if this is a problem in the receiver, or is my external hard drive going bad. The receiver seems to work fine if we watch live TV, so it seems like it might be the hard drive, but I don't want to buy a new hard drive if it is the receiver causing the problem.

Does your EHD have its own power supply?

If not, get one, the USB port on the 211 is not powerful enough to properly run an EHD.

I really sounds like either the USB interface or the usb port having a problem, not the actual drive itself.

Which EHD do you have?