USB ports on HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kilowatt76

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 26, 2010
South Carolina
I was wondering what the USB ports are for on my HR24-500? Can I plug an external hard drive into the USB ports? I know there is a sata connection there for an external hard drive. I already have an external USB hard drive and just wanted to make sure it would work. :confused: Thanks!

I was wondering what the USB ports are for on my HR24-500? Can I plug an external hard drive into the USB ports? I know there is a sata connection there for an external hard drive. I already have an external USB hard drive and just wanted to make sure it would work. :confused: Thanks!

No it won't detect a USB External HDD via the normal USB port, only on the eSATA port.

What is the USB port for you ask? Well, you can connect the AM21 into it.

So the answer is unless it is the AM21. The usb provides no purpose other than offer the 5v used to power devices.

There's not enough power on the USB cable to power the AM21. The AM21 uses the power cable from the DVR and it then has a short cord that then plugs into the DVR.

Yep it just piggybacks with the DVR. When I first got mine was all worried as I'd maxed out plugs and was worried what I had to undo something.

Speaking of which, concerning the AM21. Does anyone know what its power draw is? I have a gadget that measures the power drawn and with just the DVR/AM21 plugged in it seemed the power draw was the same whether the DVR was on or in standby. I figured it just ate alot but then started wondering but didn't feel like crawling around my cables right now hehe.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts