USB Wireless & Sling Adopters

Grandpa J

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Camarillo, CA
May I ask if you need both a USB wireless adopter and a sling adopter to get maximum benefit from a Dish 722k receiver.

As I understand it the USB wireless adopter allows you to get and download movies from Dish / Block Buster. What I don’t understand is do you need the sling adopter in order to remotely program etc. the 722k over the internet. Or can one of these devises allow you to do both.

If you do need both devises must you connect one to the rear USB port and the other to the front USB port as there is only one port in the front and one in the back.

Finally can you install (after paying the fee) an USB External Hard Drive with either or both of the two other devises. Again there is a lack of ports on the 722k so do you get a powered or non-powered USB hub if it can be done.

Thanks for the help.

You don't need the Sling Adapter to remotely program DVR recordings, you only need a Sling Adapter if you want to watch TV using a mobile device. You can use a USB hub, but it has to be powered. There is no fee to use a EHD anymore except for the 211K.

Is your receiver already connected to the Internet? If so, you don't need the wireless adapter. If not, if you don't have an Ethernet connection available nearby, you will need the wireless adapter.

Only ONE EHD may be "on" at any time. You can use a powered hub for more drives and a fan, etc, but only one of the EHDs may be switched on at a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)