Use your voice

It just goes to show that every cable system is different and you have to look at what channels you want and see which provider is better suited to your needs... VOOM/Dish/DIRECTV/cable... There are cases where each is best suited. In my case TWC has not been busy raising prices of the upper tier packages that I subscribe to and Dish is now in danger of being more expensive (actually at this moment Dish is more expensive if you go beyond 2 movie packages). If I just wanted basic cable, Dish would be cheaper. So, in this example at the same location it depends on what the customer wants as to which provider provides the best value.

The problem with the cable system that runs by my house is that they dont have enough to offer. For almost $30 you get only 22 channels and you get one HBO channel for about another $15 more. Its all analog and no internet available. They stated about 2 or 3 years ago that they were going to upgrade and no go.

I guess I would'nt be real concerned with a minor price hike to help charlie and folks pay their bills, BUT could they maybe get rid of a few shopping channels- Do we really need that many?LOL
As with anything, if they can charge a little more-they're gonna, wouldn't you?

I can see subscribers 20 miles up the road dropping this left and right as their county tax is going up only 45% (and I did not miss a decimal there)

Comcast is jacking their rates 7.2% in Jan. 05. I'd very much like to see E* add more HD channels and with better than just passable PQ. If that costs me 3%-5% more on my bill, hey, it's still way more programming for less $$$ than what Comcast wants for way more $$$ for less programming.

I won't complain about a modest price increase IF E* will kindly add more HD channels with the PQ that HD should have.

If Charlie still can't determine what "compelling HD content" is and D* comes through on their promise (it's vapor-programming at this point) and provides 50+ HD channels, then despite 7+ years of supporting E*, I'll have to switch.

DISH Network should wait a few months after cable companies raise rates. Around the Washington, DC area, Comcast has already raised their rates significantly. So a rate increase by DISH in February wouldn't bring in as many customers as if they waited a few months for the exodus from cable to DISH to slow down. It'll be quite a few people leaving Comcast since analog is getting too expensive for the quantity of channels (while I think quality is actually better than digital cable or satellite) and looks more expensive than DISH.

Think of all the millions Dish would lose by not getting those rate increases in February if they delayed them. They may not get enough additional customers to make up for the loss.

People need to use their wallet - vote with your wallet.

It would take a very large increase to bring Dish up to ridiculous rate that the few remaining Adelphia subs are paying in my neighborhood. I am quite happy with AT120 plus locals, one 301 and one 508, all for ~$44/mo. For a comparable package Adelphia subs have the privalege of paying ~$60/mo, and that is before the utility tax imposed by the City of Moreno Valley. Add cable internet and you are in the stratosphere - that service alone is about $42/mo. Currently I only need dialup, but I sit here in envy of those lucky folks in an SBC phone area where you can bundle phone, DSL, and Dish. Moreno Valley is served by Verizon, which is a good company but higher priced than SBC for the same services. The bundles aren't as good either. DSL is only $29.95 if you sign up for one year which is only $20 more a month than what I am paying for Juno dialup. It is very tempting but doesn't match SBCs current radio ad for $19.95/mo for DSL. That would be WAY too good to pass up!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts