Used actuator worth it? Photos attached

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Found somebody locally selling an actuator as a "dish pole" for $10 in unknown condition. The person bought the house the old dish was at but the dish was given away to be turned into a gazebo. One of the pictures shows that it has a 24V motor.

Now, $10 is pretty cheap. The motor has no cover. Unknown age/condition. Photos attached. I haven't seen it in person. I've only seen the photos myself.

Attachments

• 2342_20.JPG
    2342_20.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 2555_20.JPG
    2555_20.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 25f8_20.JPG
    25f8_20.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 268
No cover..not worth it even being free let alone having to put out money for it, he should pay you to haul it away.
Just keep looking elsewhere for a better deal! You want a good known actuator on the dish.

I'd ask for it for free.
I'd send you one of my spares, but would cost about $50 just to ship.
Have you tried Hobby Corner Satellite, they are in your "area"...
HOBBY CORNER SATELLITE - SATELLITE PRICE LIST

I know of them. I've tried ordering a 6' Fortec from HobbySat but they are unable/unwilling to provide a written quote including shipping. Their web price is what they sell it for, plus shipping out of Mississauga even though they're local. So I'm going to Fortec directly. Have a friend of mine going there in the spring and he wants a dish too so he's gonna stick them in the back of his truck on the way home. Save $150 shipping. :)

$50 to ship eh? Well, most places want $60-$85 for one to run a 6' dish so that'd be half price. Need that and a good mover. G/V-box.

If you can get it for free it might be good. I got a used one that was complete, and a new one that was missing the tube that mounts to the motor and the cover over the motor for free. Hopefully I can get a place were a cband is allowed to use some of the stuff I've been collecting. The guy I got it from has a 8' dish that he disassembled and he said I could get that also if I want it. He was going to scrap it but since scrap prices dropped he just piled it by his shed for now.

Do you now what brand that is? All the ones I've seen look a lot different (Von Weise brands).

No idea what brand it is, and neither does the person that listed it for sale.

When I do get my BUD (probably in the spring now) I'm thinking that at bare minimum a known working one would be best where the mount will be 12' in the air. Not something that I'll just be able to walk up to.

As for what's worth what, something is worth as much as somebody is willing to pay at that moment. Take what you can get when you can get it. Might not be around tomorrow. :)

Sadoun wants $65 for a
HARL-3612 12in Super PowerJack Actuator and $80 for a V3000 GBox, totalling $197 including shipping, plus 20% CAD exchange = $237, + 13% local tax for when customs gets it = $267.

You east coaster's get srewed with the HST. At least we would save on the provincial tax here, since we are supposed to go out off our way and go report and pay that ourselves. Yeah, anybody in their right mind is going to pay it.;)

Depends. If there's a description and no value they may value it to whatever they think is appropriate, or whatever the declared value, whichever is higher.

My experience has been that anything shipped UPS or FedEx gets nailed every time, and USPS to Canada Post about 25% of the time.

Any bets on who I like to ship with? ;)

Depends. If there's a description and no value they may value it to whatever they think is appropriate, or whatever the declared value, whichever is higher.

My experience has been that anything shipped UPS or FedEx gets nailed every time, and USPS to Canada Post about 25% of the time.

Any bets on who I like to ship with? ;)

Tell me about customs they allways get your money. Provincial GST is the least they will get if you are lucky otherwise they nail you depending on the cost in the invoice... That is why I prefer to stay away from purchasing items from out f the country... Shipping plus customs

Tell me about customs they allways get your money. Provincial GST is the least they will get if you are lucky otherwise they nail you depending on the cost in the invoice... That is why I prefer to stay away from purchasing items from out f the country... Shipping plus customs

Yes, but you guys don't pay $450/month out of your paycheck for health insurance like us folks in the states. GST is a pain, I agree.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts