used cban and ku band dishes and equipment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hanksmith5

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2009
az
hello I live in tucson arizona, I am trying to find some cban and ku ban dishes that are used that any one don't want. same with equipment any one have anything? these would be used fore fta.

Well one could start off with 18" DTV/Dish Network dishs.
This would get Ion, NASA, 6 in one channel and some others.
See if you have a ham radio club in your area. Call or attend a meeting or two to see what turns up.

You may find a super dish in your search also.
Check with your local paper to see what a want add goes for. I use my google voice phone number in such adds along with the Craigslist adds I place.

Good luck and keep us posted.

hello I live in tucson arizona, I am trying to find some cban and ku ban dishes that are used that any one don't want. same with equipment any one have anything? these would be used fore fta.

We'll help you if we can.
From time to time, some of the members have called my attention to dishes in my general area.
And I've done the same for others.

But my best luck has been from just driving around and seeing one peeking over a fence or from behind a building.
Someone posted a really good discussion of how to look.
edit: melgarga has some sage words down at the bottom of his post.

Welcome aboard! - :D

Last edited:
I've had great luck with freecycle. In the past year I have received a 6' bud, and 8' bud and a 30-something' hughesnet dish for free.

thanks for the help. haven't tried free cycle one other problem I am visually impaired is there any meters that are autible to help me aim the dish? I would be using both cband and ku band for mainly radio stations, also can a cband fit on a roof top or are both c band and ku band dishes going to have to be put in the yard? thanks

also I foregot to mention I am a total newbe 100 percent beginner to cband and ku so bare with me. another blind friend turned me on to these boards. also read the other post will have to have my sighted friends keep there eyes out fore dishes thanks fore that tip as well <smiles>

also I did post a add in my local craigs list gotten 2 replies 1 wants 300.00 fore a cband with a broken pannel the other wants 100.00 he won't tell me if it has a motor or anything.

you said "
Well one could start off with 18" DTV/Dish Network dishs.
This would get Ion, NASA, 6 in one channel and some others.
" can you tell me what radio channels I could get with the 18 inch dish?

When people tell you what THEY want for a dish, just tell them how much YOU are charging to haul their trash away! - :)

Since you are doing all the work, FREE is the usual agreement.
Giving the former owner a little gift, taking them to dinner, etc, is always a nice gesture.
I've gotten two outstanding BUDs, each with horizon-to-horizon motor.
Both owners helped me take them down.
On both, I got their cable, receiver, pole, etc.

For the easy to remove dish, I took a box of bakery goods, and bought a subsequent lunch.
For the hard to remove and very desirable Birdview, I took pastry gifts and parted with around $100 in cash.
But that owner worked like a dog, helping remove the old dish and load it onto my truck!

thanks fore the help I can pay 100.00 or take them out to lunch or something that is not a prob its just getting the stuff here sense I am unable to drive that does pose a slite problem. thanks also fore the help. I can't wait to get my first dish and reciever. I told my mom to keep her eye out when looking as well.

what buds feet wise do you suggest I keep my eye out fore? I am wanting to get a ku band set up with motor, and a c-band dish with motor. are these things also easy to install or can I do this with little vision required? wish there was a sattle installation fore dumbies something in laymans terms.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts