Used Equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

igzo99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Guys, if I purchase a receiver from a private part...do I still have to commit to a contract when I activate it?

Guys, if I purchase a receiver from a private part...do I still have to commit to a contract when I activate it?
It depends if its owned or leased. If it is a leased receiver, you will have to fulfill a commitment. If it is owned, you don't have any additional commitment. When you activate it, be sure to confirm they set it up as owned w/o a commitment.

Before you buy it, make sure to get the RID and talk to DirecTV to confirm that you would be able to activate the box if you get it. They can also tell you if its owned or leased.

That's great info to know. Thank you!
Your welcome! One last thing, I was assuming you are already a DirecTV customer and just adding a receiver. If you are new a customer, when you start service I believe you will have a commitment, leased or owned. Also, didn't you already ask this a few months ago?

On a used receiver they will make you get a new access card (they mail it to you for $20), they will not use the old one, regardless of age.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts