used receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gtjr92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
If i buy a used reciever can I just plug it in to my satelite coaxile and it works or what?
I have the new hddvr 722 but I was thinking of buying a used sd dvr so I could have my satellite in a 3rd room.
I don't want to pay another $5 a month, I can get an older used sd dvr box for $50

You'd have to activate it...which would mean you'd be stuck with the $5 fee.

If your TVs in Room #2 and Room #3 aren't used at the same time, you can just splice the TV2 signal from the 722 and have it run to both. Then buy an extra remote for Room#3.

Be careful on used receivers, if there is an outstanding balance it must be paid off before it can be activated. If it was a leased receiver it can't be sold DISH owns and will not activate it. The leased receiver must be returned to DISH. If there is no smart card in a receiver that requires a smart card it will cost you $50 and in all circumstances it must be activated on your account which will be at least $5/mo.

thanks

thanks guys I had a feeling that was the answer.
So when someone buys a box outright from dish for $300 or more they still have to pay the $5 a month??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts