Used ViP 211K setup problems

Barry1022

Original poster
Mar 9, 2014
Kernersville, NC
Guys, first I want to say thanks to anyone that provides me some help, I hope that buying this receiver off eBay doesn't come back to bite me. Here's my problem: I am a Dish subscriber and on 1 HDTV, I have a ViP211K that Dish provided. I have another HDTV that I just purchased that had no receiver so I bought a ViP211K off eBay. Well, even though I am a subscriber, you can't just plug it in and get it to work. The wiring was installed to accommodate 1 DVR, a TV2 off that DVR, and 2 more TVs but at that time, I wasn't ready for 2 solo receivers, only 1. I'm not trying to get something for free, I just want to setup this used 211K to work in my other bedroom. It says I'm not a subscriber, gives me a signal code 11-11-45, when I run a switch test, it only shows 1 where my other box shows 3.

Would anyone have a set of directions they could send me? Dish support said the only thing he had left to do on his list was to send out a tech at a cost of $95. I'd like to avoid that, if I could.

Thanks again.....let me know if you need more info.

You need a direct line from the dish to the receiver. Sounds like you'll have to chase down the wiring & eliminate any splitters, diplexers, etc.

Welcome to the site.

Hello Barry1022,

I have (3) Dish Vip211k receivers in use. I have three LNB's at the Dish and also have three cables from those three LNB's coming into the house for each receiver. All 211's must have their own cable as far as I know! I needed to call DISH and then activated the other two receivers. Only one belongs to DISH. I tried other ways and found that I needed a cable form each LNB. As for the manual for your Vip211k, you should be able to download from DISH.

I also did a (One Time) $40.00 fee to activate my account for DVR service for all Vip211k's. For me this has worked out really good! Hope this gives you a start;).

Did you call DISH before purchasing the 211 and give them the R00# to see if the receiver was clear to be activated? It could have an unpaid balance or even be a leased receiver?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts