Used Voom Box + Lost PIN = ?

akloske

Original poster
Jul 11, 2005
I just received an activated voom box via ebay with the hope of using it for OTA reception. Unfortunately, the parental lock has been set and the seller does not know what the PIN is. I have tried 0000 and all of the other codes I can think of, including s/n derivatives from the labels on the back. Voom used to send a remote signal to solve this problem, but that will not work anymore. A factory reset is also out of the question because I will lose activation. Does anyone know a fix around this?

Unfortunately, there is no other known way...

well there is only 9999 combination, start at 0000 and work up! might take u a few weeks to find it, but for free local hd its worth it. only thing i can think of, good luck

I was able to enter 0000 and it enabled me to rescan channels. Try entering letters oooo. If this does not work enter 0000 and then hit reset red button. Anything is worth a try. Also try entering 0000 and holding on /off key in for 10 seconds. I would not give up. Good luck

reset

akloske said:
I just received an activated voom box via ebay with the hope of using it for OTA reception. Unfortunately, the parental lock has been set and the seller does not know what the PIN is. I have tried 0000 and all of the other codes I can think of, including s/n derivatives from the labels on the back. Voom used to send a remote signal to solve this problem, but that will not work anymore. A factory reset is also out of the question because I will lose activation. Does anyone know a fix around this?

I guess the seller deserves a load of bad feed back since they're just offing used equipment that they refuse to find the code for. Bad customer service and zero support. These people make ebay and Voom look bad.

sorry,

me

cidbozek said:
well there is only 9999 combination, start at 0000 and work up! might take u a few weeks to find it, but for free local hd its worth it. only thing i can think of, good luck

Technically there are 10,000 combinations (don't forget 0000) but I agree with the suggestion. Just keep trying combinations. Start with easy ones, 0000, 1111, 2222, 1234, 2345, etc. Patience is a virtue.

Yeah, but what's your time worth, while you are trying all those combinations?

I just sold the Channel Master antenna separately. So, let me know if you want to make an offer on my Voom receiver before it goes on eBay.

Cheers,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts