User's Manual for Orasat 5.0

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bloomdog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2006
Does anyone have the User's Manual for the Orasat 5.0? Does anyone know where I can find one?
Thanks to all!!:confused:

Just bought this receiver for $11 plus $10 shipping on e#b#y. Figured I would have little to lose as I want a reciever which i can take out to the dish for precise aiming. ANyway, it does not have a blind scan (I am spoiled by my Coolsats). Is there some way to shove the channels into the receiver via software like CM? I have never used CM before so any instructions would be helpful. BTW, still cannot find a user's guide online.

I searched last night, and didn't find a manual, either.
It's hacker bait, and looks like a kissing-cousin to the Satpros.
Possibly imported by the same no-support organization.

I doubt you'll really need a manual.
They never say much anyhow.
If you've used a receiver before, this one will work fine for ya.

The Satpros weren't known for a meter that made for easy alignment.
Hope your Orasat is better.
If nothing else, it'll be fine as a spare receiver, or a dedicated NASA receiver, or for the kids, or a mother-in-law box.

As for satellite channels, it should have most of the common birds.
Putting in one transponder with the remote should not be a problem, if it doesn't have a transponder list.

Oh, and one other thing.
The current firmware in it probably has bandstacked support!
... if you should ever go that way. - ;)

The Satpros has the worst meter I've ever encountered, as well as poor motor control. As Anole said, hacker bait. If you find that the Orasat and Satpros are the same receiver, but the firmware for the Orasat is better (faster meter and fixed motor control), that might present some interesting possibilities.

What is "bandstacked support

Thanks for the info. and the efforts taken--much obliged.

What is "bandstacked support"?:)

hack joke

In the Dish world, it'd be called: DishPro
However, the generic term is bandstacked.

It just uses 18..20 volts on the LNB at all times (lets you run longer coax) and puts both Vert and Horiz transponders on the wire at the same time.
It uses more bandwidth to do so, but that's okay.
Another advantage, is that since you have both polarities available on one wire all the time, it's easier to share to multiple receivers.

... and while very useful to us FTAers (do a search for some good work by JerryT) it was a joke about that being a hacker box. - :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)