Using 21v swm power inserter for norsat lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They are designed to be run on 15-24Vdc. The SWM power inserter will be fine.

Not sure if they pass 22KHz/DiSEqC signals. I would expect that they do. Why does it need to pass control signals? Is there a switch inline between C and KU LNBs?

They are designed to be run on 15-24Vdc. The SWM power inserter will be fine.

Not sure if they pass 22KHz/DiSEqC signals. I would expect that they do. Why does it need to pass control signals? Is there a switch inline between C and KU LNBs?
Yes diseqc switch

I ordered one. If it will not pass diseqc, I can mount it at the dish between the diseqc switch and Norsat. That would work. I used a laptop power supply that is 19vdc and 1.5 amp connected to one of the ports of a two way power passing splitter. It solved my problem. The hdvr 3500 does not have enough current to power the norsat through 150' of coax. I should have been running a power inserter all along.

I ordered one. If it will not pass diseqc, I can mount it at the dish between the diseqc switch and Norsat. That would work. I used a laptop power supply that is 19vdc and 1.5 amp connected to one of the ports of a two way power passing splitter. It solved my problem. The hdvr 3500 does not have enough current to power the norsat through 150' of coax. I should have been running a power inserter all along.
I guess the small difference in receivers, somehow the nor sat functioned on 13v. I do have RG-11 ran to the dish about 100'. The 14 awg conductor probably reduces voltage drop a bit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)