Using 21v swm power inserter for norsat lnb

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
They are designed to be run on 15-24Vdc. The SWM power inserter will be fine.

Not sure if they pass 22KHz/DiSEqC signals. I would expect that they do. Why does it need to pass control signals? Is there a switch inline between C and KU LNBs?

They are designed to be run on 15-24Vdc. The SWM power inserter will be fine.

Not sure if they pass 22KHz/DiSEqC signals. I would expect that they do. Why does it need to pass control signals? Is there a switch inline between C and KU LNBs?
Yes diseqc switch

I ordered one. If it will not pass diseqc, I can mount it at the dish between the diseqc switch and Norsat. That would work. I used a laptop power supply that is 19vdc and 1.5 amp connected to one of the ports of a two way power passing splitter. It solved my problem. The hdvr 3500 does not have enough current to power the norsat through 150' of coax. I should have been running a power inserter all along.

I ordered one. If it will not pass diseqc, I can mount it at the dish between the diseqc switch and Norsat. That would work. I used a laptop power supply that is 19vdc and 1.5 amp connected to one of the ports of a two way power passing splitter. It solved my problem. The hdvr 3500 does not have enough current to power the norsat through 150' of coax. I should have been running a power inserter all along.
I guess the small difference in receivers, somehow the nor sat functioned on 13v. I do have RG-11 ran to the dish about 100'. The 14 awg conductor probably reduces voltage drop a bit.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts