Using 921 in 2 rooms

bdoeden

Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I have a 921 connected to a 500 with dual output. I want to be able to occasionally move the 921 to another room so I want to bring down 2 more leads to the other room. After looking around at switches I finally concluded that it would be best to get a quad output for my 500 and connect the other room that way without switches. Am I on the right track on this? Will all quads work with the 500?

I see the term "legacy" used in these posts. I assume it has something to do with older equipment. Can anyone straighten me out on its meaning?

I did some looking through the forum for answers to these questions but didn't find anything. I appologize if the answers were here & I couldn't find them.

I assume by "500 with dual output" you actually mean a Twin (click the "here's why" link in my sig). The Quad is a good choice to do what you want.

The EKB DishPro Technology page explains the older legacy system and how DishPro is different. DishPro receivers can use either.

At least you found that you need a different type of switch rather than a splitter :up . You aren't without a switch, both the Twin and Quad have it built in.

Oh, and welcome to SatelliteGuys! :welcome

An easy way to tell whether you have a dish pro lnb or not is to view your check switch. If you have just two sets of info, 119 all, 110 all, thats dishpro. If it's legacy the matrix will have four sets, 119 odd, 119 even, 110 odd, 110 even. The legacy test also performs a set of 38 vs. just 2 or 3 for dishpro.

What I'm getting to is if you have a dishpro twin you could go with dp34 switch and perhaps have an easier installation than changing out the LNB.

Good point. The DP34 could be placed indoors, eliminating the need to put more RG6 through an exterior wall until you want to fill the third satellite input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)