Using DVI single link will Double Link give Better Picture?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

calikarim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
I just started using DVi to connect my voom STB to my Mits 68613 Diamond 'TV. I love the improvement in picture over component. THe pic is more sharper and detailed. Component is great but now compared to DVI it is a littler blurrier-just slightly so. I was reading about DVI and how a Dual Link DVI cable allows for higher bandwidth and resolution. Is this so with the VCom STB. I read that a single link cable uses one TMDS 165 Mhz transmitter, while dual link uses two. The dual link is aaid to double the power of transmission and increase in speed and quality of transmission. I read a single link 60 Hz LCD can display a resolution of 1920 by 1080 wheras dual link can display 2048 by 1536. If i have a 1081 i RPTV does this make a difference.

My current understanding is that Dual Link DVI does not offer any benefits for current HDTVs at 1080i or 720p, compared to Single Link DVI. Dual Link is only needed for computer monitors that are running at higher resolutions and in progressive-scan. If someone has any facts proving otherwise, please post here.

Thanks Ilya for answering my question

Thank you Ilya i appreciate your info. I had a feeling that was the case but now i feel a lot better about not dishing out extra dough for the dual link dvi cable. Your info on the Voom Receiver in the Voom Thread FAQ about Voom was incredible reading and great help . I wished i had read it when i first got my voom box., it would have made my life easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts