Using EHD on multiple receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GregE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Prospect, KY
Hi all,

I have a VIP722 and have the external hard drive feature enabled. It was one of the reasons I went with Dish. The VIP722 is currently the only receiver I have and I am looking to get another receiver. I'm looking to see what my options are for the receiver. I would like to be able to use my current EHD to watch the content on it with the new receiver. I don't necessarily need another 722 since I don't plan on connecting it to 2 TV's but I might. Can anybody tell me what receivers I should be looking at?

Thanks

Greg

I believe you need to have a 622 or 722 for this to work (not sure on the 612).

I have 3 622's and move EHD's between them.

I chatted with Dish and they said it would work on the 612. Since I only need to connect 1 TV, I think that will be the best receiver to get plus they said it would be no charge. That I like.

I have ehds on my 211s and 622. the ones on the 211 are interchangeable with 211

the one on the 622 won't work on a 211 without formatting and losing all the shows.

I don't know if they still allow 211s to be used with an ehd with no monthly fee any longer. It looks like they quietly took it off the site.

If you were lucky enough to get it while it was offered you're grandfathered in, like with ABSOLUTE :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts