using gtools to with pansat 2700a

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drhydro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 19, 2004
I am trying to use gtools to backup and rearrange my channel lists. The problem i am having is that i am unable to download the list from my stb to my computer. I have selected com 1 and i am using the proper cable. When i tell gtools to connect to the stb it appears to, but then it wont let me select "download". The only option i have is to "upload". what could i be doing wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Thomas

Maybe you have to upload the list to GTOOLS first, change it then download to your receiver. Just a guess as I am not using GTools yet.

i think you may be right Pete, im just kind of scared to screw up my channel list lol. Scanning several hundred channels in again is not something i want to do. Can someone confirm what Pete thinks? thanks

Well Pete i got brave and tried it, you were correct, thanks :-D

I only knew coz Iceberg had mentioned it to me the other night, seems he is good for something after all :p

You are a brave man Thomas, I would be too chicken to have risked that :)

yes you have to upload it first...but it doesnt remove your chanels off the receiver.

Download it when you are done and it will work just fine (I know on my Coolsat it seems like it sets the LO back to 5150...still have to figure oout how to change that)

DrHydro its real easy to work with (you'll love it) :)

Iceberg, in Channelmaster try right clicking on each satellite, choose properties, in there you can set the lo plus a lot of other stuff. This is just such a slick program, each time I use it I figure out some other great feature.

I'll have to try it. I did try and change it but after downlaoding back it was on Single Stack 0/10750 (weird)

Iceberg your right, I love it. Wow does that make editing a channel list easy. I was able to go in and rename /delete channels and generally clean up my 400+ c/ ku channel list in about 45 minutes total. Trying to do that with the remote would have taken several days and I would probably have worn out buttons on the remote.

glad you like it :)

I went through and deleted all my C-Band satellites because I didnt need them. Also renaming the G10 stuff almost makes it a necessity (I add the network to the channel name)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)