Using my 10 foot dish help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffreywho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Scranton,PA
I'm thinking of using my BUG for FTA. What would be in my best interest. Using my old 10 foot Obitron, motor works but doesn't have KU band or buying a new 39" dish? Now the big question,,I'm not interested in cband so could I SIMPLY replace that LNB with any FTA capabale LNBF??

:) Thanks so much

jeffreywho said:
I'm thinking of using my BUG for FTA. What would be in my best interest. Using my old 10 foot Obitron, motor works but doesn't have KU band or buying a new 39" dish? Now the big question,,I'm not interested in cband so could I SIMPLY replace that LNB with any FTA capabale LNBF??

It would be a waste to not use your big dish for FTA, you can get alot more
stuff with both C and KU bands. If the holes in the Orbitron dish are not too
big it will work for KU (if a pencil goes through the holes are to big) I would get a KU dish if the mesh is not ok and use both dishes.

Agree 100%, if you have access to a BUD then just upgrade the feed/LNB you will find tons of signals for both bands.

Oh, I didn't think of that. I have a mesh dish and a pencil would easily slip through. Guess that won't work for G 10R???

Is it possible to add a new mesh over the top or replace the mesh on these types of dishes? I would think that perhaps, just going to the local Lowes or Home Depot and getting some mesh screening and laying it over the top might work. What do you guys think?

Yes they do make replacement mesh panels in the desired smaller mesh size. Check you dish to check how your are installed.

If this dish is up and the motor works then check it out. C band does enough to check it out.

Good luck!

Also go with the aluminum screening. it should last longer.

jeffreywho said:
I'm thinking of using my BUG for FTA. What would be in my best interest. Using my old 10 foot Obitron, motor works but doesn't have KU band or buying a new 39" dish? Now the big question,,I'm not interested in cband so could I SIMPLY replace that LNB with any FTA capable LNBF??

If the dish is not warped or no mesh is missing, I would try it with a c/ku feedhorn and quality LNB's I have got Ku-band on dishes with hugh mesh holes, the quality is just lower but it should work, you can also paint the dish with a non metalic paint, this may also help.

Well a good feedhorn would be the ADL RP3, but it is high priced, the corrotor II plus is also a great feedhorn, the feedhorn is not really what you would look at much, for feeds that are hard to lock, you will look mostly at the LNB's for this, Norsat LNB's are some of the best.

Get Norsat LNB's here:
http://mechtech.satforums.com/
Or here look at skypack in the Package section:
http://www.rpssat.com

Status
Please reply by conversation.

More Newbie questions...

Pansat 2000V Receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)