Using one 6.3 remote to control TV2 of a VIP722 and a VIP 222 via aux?

g8rgrad98

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Florida
Hello all, my setup is currently: VIP722 with TV1 to our family room and TV2 to our Master Bedroom. VIP222 with TV1 to our Son's room and TV2 split out to my office, our nursery, and our living room. I have installed a switch in the line to my office so that I can switch between the TV2 feed of the VIP722 (so I can access DVR) and the TV2 feed of the VIP222 (for when my wife is watching TV2 of the VIP722 in the Master Bedroom and I'm still in my office).

I have read online that the aux mode of the 6.3 remote can be programmed to control a second receiver, but after trying time after time, I keep failing.

Any advice or tips? Thanks as always!

Hello all, my setup is currently: VIP722 with TV1 to our family room and TV2 to our Master Bedroom. VIP222 with TV1 to our Son's room and TV2 split out to my office, our nursery, and our living room. I have installed a switch in the line to my office so that I can switch between the TV2 feed of the VIP722 (so I can access DVR) and the TV2 feed of the VIP222 (for when my wife is watching TV2 of the VIP722 in the Master Bedroom and I'm still in my office).

I have read online that the aux mode of the 6.3 remote can be programmed to control a second receiver, but after trying time after time, I keep failing.

Any advice or tips? Thanks as always!

The method I tried is hold down aux, then hit 3, then the numbers that the receiver is set to for the UHF channel, then # and then record....that didn't work. Appreciate any words of wisdom!

Bump...

Please? Any way to use this remote for this? If not, what would be a good alternative solution if there is one?

Only the SAT button is UHF and only on the 6.3 not the 5.3, all others are IR. So you must be in the room with the receiver or have a relay device or a long arm/mirror/LOS.
-Ken

Only the SAT button is UHF and only on the 6.3 not the 5.3, all others are IR. So you must be in the room with the receiver or have a relay device or a long arm/mirror/LOS.
-Ken
your advice is great!
smile.gif

-Ken
Ok, that's what I was wondering, thank you!!!! The things I'd read elsewhere led me to believe that the aux could be uhf too.

So I'd need to get something like this to make it work? Amazon.com: Next Generation Remote Control Extender: Gateway@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EMD2XCX8L.@@AMEPARAM@@41EMD2XCX8L

the idea is great but ..
smile.gif

That is one option I'm tossing around. I'm going to be mounting the TV2 of the VIP722 to the wall soon and hiding the blu ray player in the closet. At that time I'll need to find some type of universal remote that can handle the UHF as well as the hidden blu-ray (a la the remote extender possibly). If I do that, I'll simply move that UHF remote to my office......but that's if I can find a Universal Remote that can handle the UHF and the blu ray......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts