Using the HDMI out on the S9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

highskies

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 15, 2010
Texarkana
Currently I have no display devices with HDMI inputs. But I do have 3 front projectors that accept HD15 connections. With that in mind, while browsing Ebay, I noticed a lot of HDMI to HD15 cables. Would these work with the S9 and my projectors? If yes, would I be accomplishing anything, such as a better looking pic, since it wouldn't be HDMI to HDMI? If an improvement, how much of an improvement over the following, IOW is it enough to make a difference? Currently I feed my projectors one of two ways, depending on my mood that night. Either via component out(green blue red jacks) on the S9 via a component to HD15 cable. Or via composite from the S9 into a Faroudja NR Picture Plus processor.

I don't generally notice a difference between using HDMI and component connection on my S9. I do see a difference for sure between HDMI and composite or component and composite. HDMI is more convenient than component: just 1 connection instead of 5. Be sure any conversion cable takes care of electronic conversion (if necessary) and not just physical conversion between connector types.

I don't generally notice a difference between using HDMI and component connection on my S9. I do see a difference for sure between HDMI and composite or component and composite. HDMI is more convenient than component: just 1 connection instead of 5. Be sure any conversion cable takes care of electronic conversion (if necessary) and not just physical conversion between connector types.

Thanks for the info. In that case then, I likely won't bother trying to get one of these cables. The only reason I feed the Faroudja with composite, is because there is no standard connection on the S9 for Svid. I think one has to get some type of adapter so that a regular svid cable can be used with the S9. I'm just assuming svid would be the lesser of the evils, with it being better than composite, with neither being anywhere near as good as component or hdmi. But I do like the pic the Faroudja outputs tho. Sometimes it's pretty killer, depending on the feed.

I've had both FTA receivers and DIrectv hooked with HDMI or component....no difference

now drop to composite (a/v) then heck yeah there is a difference

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts