Which one of these standard dual Ku band LNBFs should i get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Unless I find anything else (open to recommendations, of course), I'm going to choose between these two:

The GEOSATpro SL2

or

The ESX522

I think both brands are forum sponsors, but I'm sort of partial to the GEOSATpro SL2 because Brian posts on here all the time and is really helpful. However, it seems the second is better (lower noise figure, that's what's most important if I understand correctly).

Any advice? I'd love some input! Thanks in advance!

geosatpro...

anybody can put a number on the label to give folks the "warm and fuzzy" feeling....but I've used both and the GeosatPro worked better

If your open to suggestions I would use
JSC322-2 Ku Universal Twin Output 0.2dB
I would recommend it.I'd also go with something that someone here has used/tested.
The esx522 sure is pretty,but does it work?

I honestly never thought about using a universal. Should I? I always figured I'd just use a standard since I'm in America. Any pros/cons to using a universal?

The LO is differant,but I don't know a whole lot about them.I have used both single and universal with good results.
Can't really say which is better.Some one here knows....

My questions is what KU satellites are you wanting to watch where you would need a dual setup?

Just G19 @ 97W. Im only getting a dual because I was told I would have to so I could use two different receivers in different rooms.

So I found some more to compare, heh:

JSC322 or the (newer?) DMX522

Avenger 322

This is gonna be an endless search. :D It's interesting to see the different designs and stuff. I'll still probably get the GEOSATpro though. :)

I definitely DO need a dual output LNBF if I want to output to two different receivers, right?

Last edited:
Test12345,

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a Universal LNBF. But, that is my personal opinion and preference. I have tested one and the problem is that there just aren't that many channels available in the lower Ku band for the US or North American market that makes it worth while. So, unless there is a specific channel that is available that you absolutely desire to pull in from the low Ku band, there is not much of a reason to opt for a Universal LNBF. As others have stated, it is more of a European market driven LNBF. Fun to have for testing though. I bought one just to play around with, but that is about all I do with it. Other than answer questions.

EDIT P.S.: I should add that if you are further east and on the east coast especially, it might be more appropriate to own a Universal LNBF. There may be more signals from European satellites that offer low Ku band signals to a person on the east coast of N.A.

RADAR

I would not bother with a Universal LNBF either, for the reasons stated above by AcWxRadar.

I have tested the single output versions of the ESX522 and JSC322, and my results are posted in the review section of this site. The JSC321 was the clear winner. I have also comparisom tested the GeoSat Pro dual output standard LNBF against the JSC321, and the JSC321 did beat it by a very small margin in signal quality. This is posted in the review section as part of my review of the 36" GeoSat Pro dish.

The JSC321 is the best performing single output standard Ku LNBF I have tested. I would expect the dual output version to perform as well, but don't know for sure without actually testing one. The GeoSat Pro dual output is the best performing dual output standard LNBF I have tested.

If I were you, I would get the GeoSat Pro 36 inch dish with included GeoSat pro dual output LNBF from Satellite AV on their ebay special deal. You will get real customer support and warranty from Satellite AV, which means a lot.

Last edited:
Just G19 @ 97W. Im only getting a dual because I was told I would have to so I could use two different receivers in different rooms.

Depending on your setup it might just might be easier to use the Loop Out connector on one receiver and just run the cable to the other one's input. This is what I've done with out any problems in my rack setup.

I would not bother with a Universal LNBF either, for the reasons stated above by AcWxRadar.

I have tested the single output versions of the ESX522 and JSC322, and my results are posted in the review section of this site. The JSC321 was the clear winner. I have also comparisom tested the GeoSat Pro dual output standard LNBF against the JSC321, and the JSC321 did beat it by a very small margin in signal quality. This is posted in the review section as part of my review of the 36" GeoSat Pro dish.

The JSC321 is the best performing single output standard Ku LNBF I have tested. I would expect the dual output version to perform as well, but don't know for sure without actually testing one. The GeoSat Pro dual output is the best performing dual output standard LNBF I have tested.

If I were you, I would get the GeoSat Pro 36 inch dish with included GeoSat pro dual output LNBF from Satellite AV on their ebay special deal. You will get real customer support and warranty from Satellite AV, which means a lot.

Interesting! Thanks for your review(s), it was a good read and I appreciate it!

Im kind of considering the Avenger 322 which seems to be the successor to the JSC322 also. I wish I had money for the dish, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Brian from satelliteAV has been insanely helpful the short time I've been here!

Interesting! Thanks for your review(s), it was a good read and I appreciate it!

Im kind of considering the Avenger 322 which seems to be the successor to the JSC322 also. I wish I had money for the dish, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Brian from satelliteAV has been insanely helpful the short time I've been here!

If you watch your local CraigsList you may pick up a used Ku dish cheap or even free that can be adapted for FTA use. Another place to check is the Habitat for Humanity store if you have one nearby. I have brought home an old Hughesnet and some larger Dish Network Ku dishes from both those sources that work okay for stronger FTA satellites on Ku band.

Ku dishes smaller than 36" will not reliably get HD signals in all weather in my experience, but 76cm/30" is fine for most SD signals.

What is your location? Maybe a forum member nearby has a spare dish or receiver they could let you have.

Location is central Indiana. Luckily the only channels my parents watch are SD. :) I'll definitely upgrade it in the future, if only for something to do haha.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)