UTR up on Intelsat 3R ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwf593

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 7, 2009
cheyenne, wy
Can anyone tell me if UTR (Ukraine TV) is currently up and running on Intelsat 3R at 43W? I am really interested in this programming, but my motorized dish just won't swing that far East.

So, I am thinking of getting another dish dedicated to this satellite. But I wonder if the station is actually broadcasting currently.

Also, anyone have any idea if I can get 43W from my location in Wyoming? I'm pretty far West and North for this bird as I understand it.

thanks for the attention!

Jeff

Can anyone tell me if UTR (Ukraine TV) is currently up and running on Intelsat 3R at 43W? I am really interested in this programming, but my motorized dish just won't swing that far East.

So, I am thinking of getting another dish dedicated to this satellite. But I wonder if the station is actually broadcasting currently.

Also, anyone have any idea if I can get 43W from my location in Wyoming? I'm pretty far West and North for this bird as I understand it.

Jeff

I can't tell you if that channel is up and running but it appears 43W is at about 12 degrees elevation from Cheyenne, WY. So if you have line of sight in that direction, theoretically you should be able to get it.

Your Location Satellite Data Dish Setup Data Latitude: 41.1400°
Longitude: -104.8202°
Name: 43.0W Intelsat 11, 3R​
Distance: 40339km
Motor Latitude: 41.1°
Declination Angle: 6.4°
Dish Elevation: °
Elevation: 12.3°
Azimuth (true): 109.4°
Azimuth (magn.): 100.3°
LNB Skew [?]: -45.3°
arrow-l.png
arrow-r.png

Dish Skew [?]: 90.0°
arrow-l.png
arrow-r.png

No luck here

Jeff

I have tried to lock in that TP many times but never had any luck with it, I dont think is running, I have a couple of tp's locked in on that bird but it's C band.
If you can get it ?, I am sure Ice or other member in here with more knowledge than me can answer your question.

Info on UTR on Intelsat 3R @ 43W

thanks for the information guys!

I am lucky to be sitting on a ridge overlooking town with a totally clear view South from horizon to horizon. But, as I said, when I try to put 43W into my STB I get a 'USALS calculation error'. I get that error message from 43W up to about 50W. So, I set Intelsat 3R for 50W then switched from USALS to 'manual' and bump the dish East to try and pick up 43W.

I've had no luck with this, first I find nothing on blind scans - then the dish (a Fortec 120) won't swing back 'up' (West) without my giving it a helping hand.

So, it looks like I'll have to buy a second dish to get this satellite - but I'm not going to do that until I have some good information on just what's being broadcast on it.

thanks again,

Jeff

Unfortunately, UTR hasn't been on 43w in a long time. There are only one or two Spanish channels on that bird now. :(

thanks for the info!

thanks, sorry to hear that - but glad I didn't waste a lot of time.

jeff

Status
Please reply by conversation.