Uverse chat conversation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pujon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2011
midwest
This seems to have settled my concerns with uverse, but can anyone verify that what he says below is in fact correct? I have had a few people on the chat tell me all sorts of things trying to "sell" me.

Nehemiah S.: Hello! How may I assist you today?
you: I have 1 hd tv and two regular tvs along with a pc right now. I want to add a laptop and maybe a game system to the mix too, but am concerned about the about of feeds I can use at one time.
you: I want to make sure using a game system or internet will not prevent me from recording or how many shows I can record at the same time.
Nehemiah S.: Using the Internet or gaming system will not affect you from recording or the limit of shows you can record.
you: How many streams are there that can be used at one time?
Nehemiah S.: We recommend not to have more than 10 devices connect at once.
Nehemiah S.: Just to inform you, your storage for recording shows is setup on your receiver so it will not have anything to do with your Internet.
you: So it is possible to record 4 shows at once while using a game system and the internet if all are using uverse?
Nehemiah S.: Yes you are able to record 4 shows at once while using the Internet.
you: I understand the storage isn't on the internet, but I have heard that the bandwidth can be tied up by one device and require the other devices to choose another program or the whole system can lock up
Nehemiah S.: AT&T U-verse uses different technology than traditional cable or satellite TV network. AT&T uses the power of advanced fiber technology to send your TV programs and video over high-speed Internet lines. Unlike traditional cable or satellite (where all available content constantly flows downstream to each customer and has to be switched at the set top box), the U-verse video network only delivers the information that you are requesting, freeing up the stream to also deliver high quality and fast High Speed Internet choices and our U-verse Voice services.

at first read the last part seems settling though a bit of a slaes pitch. On second glance though it doesn't fully help as if I am running a game system and internet with recording aren't I requesting all that data any way. Really unsure if this is the right way for me to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts