UVerse shifting background on HD channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JEFFinINDY

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
Hey Uverse users -

I went to an AT&T store tonight to have a demo of Uverse, and I really liked the user interface of the DVR as well as the organization and quantity of on-demand material.

I did notice on the HD channels that the background sort of pulsed and shifted about once or twice per second. It was really noticeable up close, and even at a good distance away from the set it was still noticeable.

Is this a known Uverse issue, or was it a setup problem in the store? I'm not sure I could handle that on a 61" screen if it's the way the HD picture always is.

Sounds like a store setup probelm, I have not encountered that problem with mine at all. I have a 50 inch Samsung Plasma just purchased.

Sounds like a store setup probelm, I have not encountered that problem with mine at all. I have a 50 inch Samsung Plasma just purchased.

This is what drives me crazy about Uverse. A lot of people say it sucks, and a lot of people say it's just fine. The people who say it's just fine tell the people who think it sucks that it must be a setup problem, and the people who say it sucks accuse the others of being cheerleaders... :)

So, on your 50" set, if you watch, say, SportsCenter, you don't see the colored backgrounds sort of pulsing once or twice per second in a rhythmic beat?

Is your box connected via component cables or HDMI?

Thanks in advance if you feel like replying!

Hey Jeff;

I watch on a 70 inch Sony, and there is no pulsing..
Picture is perfect, and crystal clear..I own 6 HD Tv's now, and I am well versed on all things high tech and video..

the key IS a good installation,, the distance your house is to the VRAD, and how strong your telephone line signal is to your house; they will put a new drop in if they have to, so thats not a problem, if you live in your own house..Apartments and Condo's are a bit different.

The store you went to obviously didn't have things set up properly, but, the truth is, if you get a good install, and a strong signal, the service is very nice.

Am connected to all tv's via HDMI..

I have tv, internet, and home phone, and ALL of these things work very well for me.

Not a fan boy, just telling you how MY installation has been!

Well, I took a look at Uverse at a friend's house on a 55" LCD. I saw the same background compression/pulsing/shifting especially during dark scenes, and colors were really over-saturated on some channels. I didn't notice the background pulsing/shifting much in bright scenes, but it was super-noticeable in darker colors.

So... no Uverse for me. The HD quality is clearly a major step down from Dish. It's not even close at this point.

Too bad... I liked the DVR... SD looked really good... loved the On Demand... the mini-preview of the channel you're tuning to is sweet, as is the super-fast channel changing and the whole-house DVR. But the HD was very poor.

sounds like a simple adjustment of the color saturation and contrast would have fixed that..I noticed that when I switched from Dish to UVerse I had to adjust all my TV's that way to get an awesum picture..
I have 6 HD TV's in my house, and they picture is stunning on all of them..

I have SONYXBR60 bought it last year so my sis…I wants to get Uverse few months ago till I saw it in my sister house Compare to my dishnetwork..U right they not there yet compare to Satellite/HD picture quality! because They so NEW & working on it still
plus none of the HD boxes or DVRS ,u CANNOT plug external hard drive or any connection to it!
But of course they get there maybe a year or so., Then I might think about it…for now stick with dishHD.. we have the BEST!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)