V-BOX 6 or G Box V3000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think I may have changed my opinion on the Vbox, however, it might work fine with new HH motors. But the support seems non-existent. If it dies, then you are out.

See http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/200300-vbox-woes-switch-gbox.html

support for which version of the vbox ? there are so many one the market right now. i can buy a vbox 2 or 3 or 6. dont forget the gbox 3000. whats up with that. i need to get back to the test bench and build a proper solution. i think itd be nice to have a modular controller. say one that you could scale to your dish farm. it could control skew and actuators. and be able to be added to. so if you add a dish you only need to buy another model to control it. plug it in and good to go. itd also be nice to say connect 10 recievers to it and have them be able to control whichever dish they need and is available. i think its time to read some spec sheets and exploit the diseqc protocol. itd be a good project for the microchip pics i have stored in my parts bins. haha.

we need to start a features poll maybe.

crackt out,.

Posted by Sadoun:
I hope you received your GBox and got a chance to play with it?
I recieved the GBox and C2. Thanks for the fast shipping and well-timed sale price. Once I figured out a few things about the GBox, it's working great for me. I input an incorrect position # and had to factory reset. Is it possible to delete a single position entry, and not have to do a factory reset? I also found that you can make counter changes to a single position by bumping to peak, and re-storing that same position; not covered in the manual, but a nice feature. BTW, despite a couple of ommisions, the GBox user manual is much better than what comes with most FTA equipment. Now that I have the monkey (Me) trained, it works perfectly. The fact that my wife likes it is also a big plus.
The big surprise is how well the C2 performs. It replaced a very well tuned CoRotor-1 with a Norsat 8515, and overall, I picked up several points SQ. Granted, it's not dual band, but I really expected some loss with this inexpensive piece.:)

Greg

Status
Please reply by conversation.