Status
Please reply by conversation.

chuckinnc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2006
Western,NC
I have been a old time BUD guy trying to get a KU/motor/dish setup. I dont like
the auto usals setup and I have problems using diseq (I cant see the count like on old C band positioners). So here's a few questions:

What is "goto" motor control?

I have been looking at the V box 6 external controller. I know its for converting diseq to a high current BUD positioner output, but could I use it to control standard diseq motor like a sg2100?

Finally is there any FTA receivers that display a actual diseq count?

USALS is a program built into the receiver that calculates motor movement based on your latitude and longitude. Goto 'X' is another name for USALS that some motors such as the SG-2100 use. It is usually accurate, although it does not have the range (far east and far west) that DiSEqC 1.2 has.

The small dish H-H DiSEqC motors only operate over the coaxial cable, so a G-Box positioner would be useless for them. It is a different system than the BUD/linear actuator method, but works very well, and has its advantages. The DiSEqC motors have a far greater range, for example. The lack of movement feedback is annoying, and I often find myself running to the back door to see if the dish is moving :) ...

When I first setup my system I tried USALS and didn't care for it. Some of my sats to the east came in fine, but the farther west I went it wasn't stopping at the correct position. I much prefer Diseqc. The one advantage is my dish farm is located where I can see it just outside the window. Diseqc worked better for me, Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No signal on new setup

diseqc sw with fixed and motor question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)