V-Box woes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AudioFox

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
West Virginia, USA
Let's see, got a DMSI V-Box 6 here... I've had it for a while, and never had much trouble with it, but it's suddenly developed a problem. The positioner function still works alright via the buttons on the top and the remote control, but after a lengthy spell of being unplugged I'm no longer getting any responses to DiSEqC commands from my receiver (Oh noes!). I've tried the normal troubleshooting stuff, swapping cables, checking the receiver's settings, I even reset the box (there go my positions), but the darn thing's still not listening to my receiver. Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble like this...

If the whole system has been unplugged awhile, check the posiitoner or dish setting screens on your receiver. "Motor" could be either in the off position, or in a USALS or other disecq setting that doesn't talk to the box. I had my box do that just ONCE and dont know why. Any of these will keep your receiver from "talking" to the Vbox.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)