V-Box x SG2100 motor for Ku dish and actuator for C-dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skipticum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
ottawa
Can anybody suggest best setup to connect my one receiver to both my ku dish with a motor and my c-dish with an actuator, using the newly acquired V-BOX x. Currently, I'm using a diseq 4x1 switch for both c-dish (with orthomode LNBF V and H) and ku motorized dish. Am I going to loose my ku motorized function when putting the V-BOX x between the receiver and the Diseq switch? Please help. Thanks.

No, that should work just fine. Receiver -- Vbox -- Ku motor --Diseqc -- LNBFs. Diseqc commands to Vbox, USALS for motor. Have seen threads in the past doing the same thing. I haven't done it yet, but this is what I have planned for my little farm(flower pot).

one thing to consider. alot of ku hh motors have a built in diseqc 1.2 sat table. becuz of this you should program your vbox using diseqc 1.2 positions beginning around 30. some recievers can make this difficult. if you dont do this both dishes will move when a common position is referenced.

crackt out,.

one thing to consider. alot of ku hh motors have a built in diseqc 1.2 sat table. becuz of this you should program your vbox using diseqc 1.2 positions beginning around 30. some recievers can make this difficult. if you dont do this both dishes will move when a common position is referenced.

crackt out,.
It seems this is the problem I have now, but with the C-dish moving when the ku-dish is intended. Could you please explain more about "program your vbox using diseqc 1.2 positions beginning around 30".

The other thing that I find annoying is when I need, let say, fine east/west adjustment for the ku-dish using the manual east/west buttons of the receiver remote control, the C-dish moves as well. However, I noticed that after the sats are programmed (no further adjustment needed), I can move either dish using USALS for ku and diseq 1.2 for the C-dish without interference. But if I select the "Go to Reference" option in the sonicview receiver menu both dishes move.

most hh ku motors have a euro sat table preprogrammed. usually its 26 positions i think. if you program your vbox with the same position numbers, both movers will have a position 1 for example. if you use usals to move the hh it will still get a call for position 1 when it is called for the vbox and both dishes will move. to solve this behavior you need to assign unique positions to the vbox or use an hh motor that will operate behind a diseqc switch such as the dg series. the goto reference (position 0 i believe) is an issue that the switch will also fix. to be able to program your vbox above the sat table you may have to assign diseqc 1.2 positions to all ku sats and then program the vbox as some recievers dont allow you to select your own position numbers and enumerate them sequentially. the coolsat 8000/8100 can only enumerate 31 positions as an example of a bad scenario. also you may want to disconnect the vbox while making junk ku positions so they dont get saved to it as well. it can be a challenge at times to get everything to play nice together. hope this helps.

crackt out,.

most hh ku motors have a euro sat table preprogrammed. usually its 26 positions i think. if you program your vbox with the same position numbers, both movers will have a position 1 for example. if you use usals to move the hh it will still get a call for position 1 when it is called for the vbox and both dishes will move. to solve this behavior you need to assign unique positions to the vbox or use an hh motor that will operate behind a diseqc switch such as the dg series. the goto reference (position 0 i believe) is an issue that the switch will also fix. to be able to program your vbox above the sat table you may have to assign diseqc 1.2 positions to all ku sats and then program the vbox as some recievers dont allow you to select your own position numbers and enumerate them sequentially. the coolsat 8000/8100 can only enumerate 31 positions as an example of a bad scenario. also you may want to disconnect the vbox while making junk ku positions so they dont get saved to it as well. it can be a challenge at times to get everything to play nice together. hope this helps.

crackt out,.
Thanks crackt. I'll give it a try

Hope digging this back up isn't irritating to anyone. I'm looking at doing the same thing, but still a bit confused.

Want my Openbox S10 to run both the Vbox for the big dish and a smaller Ku Horizon to Horizon motorized system, by adding the new Ku through diseqc port 4 on my current system. Position 1 is C band Big dish. Position 2 is Ku band big dish. Position 3 is Dedicated Ku on channel master .75 meter (stationary) for PBS. 4 would be for the signal and commands to pass-through for the Ku motor.

Logically, it seems to make sense, but I think someone posted a diagram in just the last few days, and I can't locate it on adding a motorized Ku system to existing motorized C/Ku large dish using one Vbox from one FTA receiver.

I'm running FTA into Vbox unit, powering Birdview horizon to Horizon. Want to add motorized Ku I picked up yesterday to the system
and integrate it all together. I take it this IS possible, but...what protocol is used to command the Ku H-H dish vs. the Birdview H-H? Do I need a special motor
that takes USALS? The motor that came with the dish and LNB's I'd like to add only has disecq 1.2 just like the birdview, so I'm a bit lost here. Will the selection of diseqc 4 send the motor commands ONLY to the Ku and ignore the big dish based on each satellite's individual setting? Openbox allows me to assign any number position I want, I believe for the future Ku positions unless I misunderstand the menus on the openbox.

Really DID search the archives, thought someone had addressed this in a diagram or explanation. Thanks in advance for any clarification of what's possible!

Here is a digram of what I'm doing right now with 1 Cband and 2 Ku band dishes. This setup uses three different DiSEqC switches. I have no problem with 2 motors moving at once.

Attachments

• SatDiagram.png
    SatDiagram.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 289
Can you help me with what "uncommitted" means on the switch vs committed? The diagram does help me to a degree, having a few more parts than I do in my system.Much appreciated

To clarify for me, the C-band guy just now getting more into this.... I do the following via Coax: RECEIVER-VBOX (for Large dish) -4-WAY DISECQ (PORTS 1-3 FOR LNB SIGNAL ONLY--PORT 4 TO FEED H-H Ku MOTOR AND SIGNAL ON DEDICATED DISH

I assume any satellite I'd set to use disecq port 4 would send signals only to that smaller H-H Ku dish and not to the big dish?

DiSEqC has different protocols. DiSEqC 1.0 switch is also refered to as committed, DiSEqC 1.1 switch is refered as uncommitted. DiSEqC 1.2 for motor control. You have the VBox after the receiver and before the switch, it will read all motor commands sent to either dish, unless as someone pointed out, you use different position numbers than the ones in memory on the VBOX for the SG2100. The VBox would ignore positions that it doesn't have in memory. You cannot cascade switches with the same protocol, so I use the Uncommitted switch first than Committed or tone 22mhz control. I put the VBox after the switch so it doesn't see the commands sent to the other dishes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts