V: The Series (revisited)

If they cut it to 10 what is the point of even bringing it back?

How can you not read anything into it? They cut episodes, which means they don't think it is going to do good.
Or they're just containing costs.
Perhaps they only have 10 weeks available to show it in, until something else is scheduled to appear.

If they had no faith, they'd just cancel it outright and cut their loses.

How can you not read anything into it? They cut episodes, which means they don't think it is going to do good.
No, that does not have to be what they're thinking. You shouldn't impose your own paranoia onto their actions. They have myriad considerations to factor-in, and other issues may have driven their decision. Again, don't read anything into this change in the number of episodes.

If they say, "We think the show sucks," then you can start worrying. Until then, take a chill pill.

I think it is part of the split season approach shows have taken. 10 now if it looks viable to continue then 10 more later in year. Chuck and Eureka both did it or do it.

No, that does not have to be what they're thinking. You shouldn't impose your own paranoia onto their actions. They have myriad considerations to factor-in, and other issues may have driven their decision. Again, don't read anything into this change in the number of episodes.

If they say, "We think the show sucks," then you can start worrying. Until then, take a chill pill.

Ramy is right. Cut episodes is a sign that the executives don't think they'll make as much money on it, so they hedge their bets, and cut episodes to minimize losses. Pretty simple economics.

I think it is part of the split season approach shows have taken. 10 now if it looks viable to continue then 10 more later in year. Chuck and Eureka both did it or do it.

Sigh Figh is just pathetic, and cheap, They film a full season, and then take 2 years to show it. It cost less, but does nothing to build show loyalty. And even when they have a good thing going (like both Eureka and Warehouse 13 this summer/early Fall), they punish viewers by stopping a story-line in mid-stream (more so with Eureka); and don't show anything for 8 or 9 months.

given smaller budgets and advertising revenues of "cable" channels, I can understand "why" they do it; but when the big boys do it (like ABC, initially with LOST, and now with V; or CBS with Rules of Engagement prior to this season) it is infuriating.

I actually understand why they did it with Chuck; the show was on the bubble; appease the masses by guaranteeing a short run, and then if it does not tank, extend it to most of a full season. Ironically, Chuck now has a full season run, and it is far less compelling than it was in the first few years.

Real reason for the cut

According to Ms. Andreeva, there was room for 12 episodes of V to air Tuesdays at 9pm before Dancing with the Stars returned for its spring edition, but ABC is expecting a couple of preemptions resulting in the need for fewer episodes. With the series still filming, the producers have time to adjust for fewer episodes.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/18/abc-cuts-three-episodes-of-v/68603

Read some of the comments. the ones from Marc make sense

10,12EPs which ever the case may be, I'm just wondering if the series will be renuined for another season?

Look what happen to Caperica. Everyone thought it was going to be a hit, instead it was canceled!!

Which ever the case maybe, I just hope they don't pull a 80's V stun, in which they leave a cliff hanger unresolved like they did in the Origanal series?

Well V is set to return Tomorrow(Tuesday Jan 4).

From the previews I saw on sat(Jan 1) the season 2 looks GOOD!!!

I noticed Jane Badler is set to star as Anna's Mother(I figured that out). Looks like there while be SEX in the second season.Tyler & Lisa(I think thats her name)

Looks like the war has begun.

From what I can tell and from the previews, it appears the V's are here to change or DNA to become "lizards" and mate with them to preserver their spices?

from Jane Badler " Its earth or nothing, if we want to preserve or spices"

As well it appears Tyler will 'Die'("appears" not necessarily?)depends on how the "spliced" the previews together.

from Tyler's mother "Why did you do this"
quote from Anna in reply
" You killed my children., I killed yours"

Now grant you this doesn't necessarily mean Tyler's dead, they might just be two different scenes not related, just to get viewers to watch.

There also appears to be some type of Fight, "warriors" V's vs the humans?

I'm not exactly sure what the out come will be if it gets a "3rd season" or not, but here's a hint if "not'

Remember what that scientist(season 1) was working on to control (for got what it was) but the side effect caused "this to occur" to certain spices of animal? HINT? to conclusion of V(remember V The Final Battle 1984).

Any thoughts?

Well they got a little bit of everything in that episode, little sex, some villance, a twist, and a surprise. Don't know how long they can make this series last though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts