V: The Series (revisited)

I like the series, but it's just hard to suspend my disbelief at times. What the characters are achieving in their war is so minuscule a nuisance as to be considered little more than a trivial annoyance. It's hard to take them and their efforts as a serious threat to the Vs and their agenda (especially when it so strikingly contrasts with Anna's Vatican visit; the actions and influence there were unquestioned). And that's not even touching on and factoring in the supposed technological disparity.

I agree, but then again, those guys doing suicide bombings of Visitor Centers worldwide did indicate a much more widespread rebellion is happening... I like it too.

But I am annoyed with ABC for only giving us 8 episodes, and then to put it in the closet again until next year -- IF they renew it. Its not like they have that much good stuff on tv that that couldn't give this a full run.

Maybe because wearing human tissue or skin so long that she's become a custom to human emtions, and even though Anna treats her bad perhaps Dianna loves her daughter and can't come to kill her.

I'm sure that Anna would rationalize that she needs her mother for information into past dealings with the humans. This is probably why she hasn't killed her yet. I think Anna has already shown anger and grief and even revenge this season. Maybe she wants to gloat and show her mother her successes . She becomes more human every day. She already has shown she can be ruthless in her ambition.

I find the whole reason for the Vs coming here a bit suspect. In the original V they wanted our water and of course us for Food. In this version they want our females for breeding. WHY? Can only Anna make eggs and produce only soliders ? Do they need earth women for breeding hybrid species of V to human so they can take over the earth? Do they want our earth and push out the rest of us humans:men, not needed so they can stay here? Not enough of their motives have been explained for me to understand what they really want.

But I am annoyed with ABC for only giving us 8 episodes, and then to put it in the closet again until next year -- IF they renew it. Its not like they have that much good stuff on tv that that couldn't give this a full run.

Same here. I've not seen a series treated this way unless it's going to get the axe. It's really annoying, I agree. I want to see a full run, rather than these less than half a season things followed by a rediculously long hiatus.

Maybe because wearing human tissue or skin so long that she's become a custom to human emtions, and even though Anna treats her bad perhaps Dianna loves her daughter and can't come to kill her.

I find the whole reason for the Vs coming here a bit suspect. In the original V they wanted our water and of course us for Food. In this version they want our females for breeding. WHY? Can only Anna make eggs and produce only soliders ? Do they need earth women for breeding hybrid species of V to human so they can take over the earth? Do they want our earth and push out the rest of us humans:men, not needed so they can stay here? Not enough of their motives have been explained for me to understand what they really want.

They want our Bud Lite. :D ;)

Survival is a powerful instinct. If Anna is sterile now, as Diana indicated, and is now training her daughter to be queen (a job she obviously doesn't want), and the V's may be hunted by another race (who knows?)...they could just be trying to survive...and we're the means to their survival...if that's their only motive.

Exactly. :D

My DVR puked mid-way through the episode, so I had 33 minutes of it and 14 minutes of it. Watched both parts and got the gist of the episode, but missed about 10 minutes of it (the entire third act, essentially). I went to the ABC website today to watch it...think they'd have the entire episode available? Nope, just the clip where Anna does her "miracle". :mad:

I googled it...can't find any website (not even Hulu) that carries recent full episodes of V (older episodes, yes). That fact that ABC doesn't is really annoying and doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me that they think much of the series...

Yeah, its mind-boggling actually, why spend the money putting on an expensive show like V to not really give it a chance. The logic just escapes me. Hell, even Sigh Figh will do 10 episodes at a time. ABC shows a couple before Christmas, takes a break, and a few more in February, and its done. Pathetic.

I am done with this show. I wanted to stop watching it so many times. I am deleting the timer.

long_time_DNC said:
Exactly. :D

My DVR puked mid-way through the episode, so I had 33 minutes of it and 14 minutes of it. Watched both parts and got the gist of the episode, but missed about 10 minutes of it (the entire third act, essentially). I went to the ABC website today to watch it...think they'd have the entire episode available? Nope, just the clip where Anna does her "miracle". :mad:

I googled it...can't find any website (not even Hulu) that carries recent full episodes of V (older episodes, yes). That fact that ABC doesn't is really annoying and doesn't exactly inspire confidence in me that they think much of the series...

I haven't looked for any of the episodes on the website, but if its like the others, they wait about 7 days and then put it up.

Yeah, its mind-boggling actually, why spend the money putting on an expensive show like V to not really give it a chance. The logic just escapes me. Hell, even Sigh Figh will do 10 episodes at a time. ABC shows a couple before Christmas, takes a break, and a few more in February, and its done. Pathetic.

I don't see any logic in their scheduling or decision-making either, but since they don't even list it on their website under the All Shows link, something tells me they don't think much of it, sadly...

I haven't looked for any of the episodes on the website, but if its like the others, they wait about 7 days and then put it up.

Well, today will be a week. I'll look again out of curiosity, just to see if they even bothered to make the entire episode available, rather than just a clip.

They don't care because its not ratings win for them.

But the show thats going to replace it American Idol or what ever :mad: GOOF reality show there going to replace it with is. STUPID FAGGITY REALITY SHOWS!!!

V is great, Reality shows are GIMP,GOOF,RETARD,MORONIC,STUPD,FAGGITY,JERK OFF, DUFIS,FRAKIN shows :mad: :mad:

If I sound PISSED OFF I AM!!!

V is not a great show and this is coming from someone who likes SciFi type shows. By the way, I hate reality shows.

Some bad news from ABC:

Fellow V fans,

It is with much regret that we must inform you that full episodes of V will not be available on ABC.com or Hulu for Season 2. Just like you, we truly wish full episodes were playing here. But we also hope our detailed recaps will keep you informed and entertained should you ever miss an episode.

Best always,

The ABC.com Team

Some bad news from ABC:

Fellow V fans,

It is with much regret that we must inform you that full episodes of V will not be available on ABC.com or Hulu for Season 2. Just like you, we truly wish full episodes were playing here. But we also hope our detailed recaps will keep you informed and entertained should you ever miss an episode.

Best always,

The ABC.com Team

I wonder what the reason for that is? Whatever it is, it sounds like it's out of their hands since they "truly wish" they could carry full episodes of season 2 online...

Just hazarding a guess here, but most likely it has to do with whoever owns the rights to the show/production, Big Bang Theory has been mostly been kept off off online sites due to the production company's desire to maximize potential for syndication.

I would not consider it a GREAT show, but not a Bad one either.

I think it has improved dramatically as it has developed, and if it had been given a fair shot in terms of when it was shown, it would be more popular and even better. These seven month hiatuses kill it, and then to just give eight episodes just sucks the big one.

I think it has improved dramatically as it has developed, and if it had been given a fair shot in terms of when it was shown, it would be more popular and even better. These seven month hiatuses kill it, and then to just give eight episodes just sucks the big one.

:up Absolutely it has improved vastly over the first season, which was mainly establishing characters and plot, which happens the first season of any series. This season has really moved the show into something I look forward to quite a bit each week, and only 8 episodes this season is a rip-off for we the viewers, and it sure won't help it build viewership either...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)