Valve invests in Xi3 PC maker; will make Steam Big Picture PC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looks awful so far. I don't see how any reasonable gamer will go for anything that has been revealed so far. A modular designed PC means you have to buy your parts probably only from Xi3, do you really think that will save you money in the long run? Their lowest end currently goes for $499.

Very interesting indeed. Could this be the wave of the future as far as gaming is concerned? This utube video from gamespot has a little bit more info about this:

http://www.gamespot.com/team-fortress-2/videos/is-it-the-steam-box-or-not-qanda-with-xi3-6402107/

Quad core cpu up to 3.2 mhz? Integrated gpu up to 8 gigs of ram? HD up to 1 ter? Holy cow! The price point for the "piston" model, which has the stated components is $999 which we know will drop down in time. What really attracts me to this thing is the size. Just about the size of my alarm clock.

This is a game that a lot of tech companies play to gather "steam" for the product. You know, create a little drama. I hope it comes to fruition because it is an interesting gadget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)