Vbox 7 Pic For KE4EST

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Tried to post this in the "conversations" section but there's no way that I can see to upload a picture?? So here it is and you can delete this post after you look at it.

Attachments

• vbox7board.jpg
    vbox7board.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: k.r.
upload_2018-8-26_13-8-33.png

Looks like a resistor here that needs replacing....look at one of your others to get the value as this one appears too far gone to get a proper reading.

Is that transistor below that one that you changed?

I was a mechanic like you. And I can't stop fixin' stuff. I just can't do the heavy stuff any more. But I like this electrical repair :) I know what you mean about fixing the VBox. My first VBox X is still kicking with a whole list of fixed stuff ;)
VBoxX1 002.JPG

I was a mechanic like you. And I can't stop fixin' stuff. I just can't do the heavy stuff any more. But I like this electrical repair :) I know what you mean about fixing the VBox. My first VBox X is still kicking with a whole list of fixed stuff ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean about the heavy stuff. I sold my dragster back in April of 2015 and I've had the 55 Studebaker for sale recently but it hasn't sold yet. This is all because I've gotten to a point where I'm not physically able to do much with it. If you're going to have a race car or a hot street car you WILL have to work on it, I promise you that. Getting up off a creeper is a b**ch at 73 years old!!

I do mess with computers a fair amount as there's some old ppl like me in my neighborhood that I've helped get up to speed with new Windowz 10 systems. That and I've got a couple of socket 775 motherboards that I've modified the CPU socket to take a socket 771 Quad core Xeon processors that are super cheap on fleaby and these mods will extend the life of those systems for at least another 4 or 5 years.

Michael has helped me before with some Vbox repairs I did on 3 that had been hit by lightning. That and we worked on my AZ Boxes last year trying to fix a channel list corruption problem using a new DOM module but that one didn't work and I/We finally gave up on them. I haven't had very much experience with electronics repair stuff though but have done more of it in the past couple of years than I ever have before.

Oh, and I ordered those resistors from fleabay so they should be here about Thursday and I'll see if that finishes fixing this latest Vbox 7 lightning strike problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts