AZBOX vbox and azboz premium hd

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
I was trying to find a tp to find if I was turning the dish to the right spot. well, as I changed from tp to tp, the vbox was jumping two clicks per change. is my vbox too close to the receiver? they're about two feet apart. or is there a setting I need to be at to keep from changing the dish position. charlie btw, wish my microhd was working. oh well...

I've got my Vbox X sitting within 4 inches my AZBox Elite and it doesn't do any of that??

Did you try turning the power off and rebooting everything?

Is this the same Vbox that was connected to your Micro HD when it didn't work?

yes, this is the same box that my microhd was hooked to. but then, one microhd would move the dish, and the new microhd would not move it regularly. with hooking up the azbox, I was pulling what hair out I had left so moved the vbox to the garage with the azbox, an s9 sitting on the side, and where I can see the dish move when I want the receiver to move it. this morning I am still trying to get positions on satellites. scanned a satellite, went to tv and was changing channels with the azbox. everytime I changed a channel, the vbox would advance one click. I think the vbox can see the azbox controller so that is my first step to try to solve the problem. good thing I don't care much about the shows, just want to have things working if I need them.

I am powering off and on all the time so I don't think that helps. can your vbox see the remote from the azbox? charlie

Rebooting the AzBox will have it stop doing this once it starts happening. In order to prevent the AzBox from looping DiSEqC 1.2 move commands in the future, you should use the V-Box remote control to move your dish east or west instead of doing it through the AzBox. However once you maximize signal, you may use the AzBox to select and store the DiSEqC 1.2 position which will also save it on your V-Box as well without any issues. Hopefully this workaround enables you to properly setup your V-Box with the AzBox Premium HD Plus.

This was one of the few issues we were working on resolving in a future firmware update. Unfortunately, we were forced to suspend our investment in firmware development prematurely for this model due to the unethical actions of Rick's Satellite dumping the AzBox Premium HD Plus into the Canadian market before it got discontinued.

Last edited:
Here we go again.
Again, some bashing and promotion of the self proclaimed USA distributor.

Stopping developement due to a few pieces is one hell of an excuse.
Maybe you weren't up to the task, solving this bug and you can't turn to Opensat for any questions, who by the way, became sick and tired of you. Now that's something I heard first hand.

Lange

pwrsurge, thanks. I thought I screwed something up again. at least I can use the remote for the vbox now since it is in the garage with me. before it was in the basement where all my cables come into the house and both the vbox and gbox were there. my current system is 0.9.5402. charlie

Here we go again.
Stopping developement due to a few pieces is one hell of an excuse.
Maybe you weren't up to the task, solving this bug and you can't turn to Opensat for any questions, who by the way, became sick and tired of you. Now that's something I heard first hand.

Lange

I'm not gonna go in detail in explaining why you are now against AzBox as I recently promised Hugo not to talk about it. However, I need to correct the false statement you made that OpenSat became sick and tired of us. On the contrary, the efforts of AzBox Canada have been well appreciated and we have been collaborating in firmware development with OpenSat since we became the exclusive authorised distributor for AzBox in Canada back in 2010.

We reported and assisted in resolving numerous bugs and were the ones responsible in creating the new world satellite list separated by C & Ku band which was introduced in firmware 0.9.5308. Furthermore, we have also created our own 0.9.5400 and 0.9.5402 firmware versions and will resume development of this firmware once the remaining 3 unauthorised AzBox Canada retailers cease to sell AzBox products.

Best regards,

PwrSurge

Last edited:
pwrsurge, thanks. I thought I screwed something up again. at least I can use the remote for the vbox now since it is in the garage with me. before it was in the basement where all my cables come into the house and both the vbox and gbox were there. my current system is 0.9.5402. charlie

Glad I was able to help. If you prefer leaving your vbox in the garage and the AzBox inside your home, you may want to invest in one of those wireless remote control extenders in order to use your vbox remote control indoors while in front of your AzBox.

Well, if you don't, I will.

I am not against the product Azbox, as far as it concerns the products Elite, Ultra, Prem(+), Me, miniMe. As a matter of fact, I still support users with their problems or repairs. Commercially, Azbox is not interesting any more, but I still use the receivers.

I have something against the persons or company behind it. They have left the scene, against agreements they made publicly. They do not reply to any e-mail. They don't listen to users cry for help.

People have been trying to get in contact with OpenSat/HTCE. Since appr. March, some people have also been trying to get their Azbox repaired and have send them to Portugal. Packages have been accepted but customers never got back their receiver.
I myself got back 7 mainboards and 5 of them were badly repaired or not at all. All of this within warranty period.
Since then I have been trying to get in contact with them. And you know I have been trying.

I can understand why Hugo doesn't want you to discuss anything. He probably knows it could open quite a cesspool, and with the release of the Titan, this is not something he would want.

I have spend many e-mails, addressed to several e-mail-addresses, to get in contact. Since they have chosen to not reply at all, I have informed them that they are forcing me to warn people about OpenSat/HTCE or the kind of service this company gives.
I have not yet begun this warning campaign. Well, that's not entirely true. I've posted something on the openAZBox forum about the Titan.
But if you would like me to, please just say so.

So, to disappoint you, I have nothing against Azbox as a brand. On the contrary, I love my receivers.

Now, as a request for further information, please read the following.
- You know about people who want to get in contact with OpenSAT/HTCE/Hugo/......
- You know about people that have defective Azbox receivers.
- You know about the request to inform us if there is a way to contact them
- We know you recently had contact with Hugo.

Yet, and this I find very interesting, there is no news about how OpenSAT/HTCE is going to solve the discussed problems. As far as I know, they won't and never will!
Does this mean, you got a gag order? Are you not allowed to mention this topic? Or did you, as THE distributor, not mention these well known problems at all?
Even as a distributor, I would like to know what their point of view on this matter would be. Any negativity about Azbox as a brand can cause loss of clients.

So, please tell us!!

What does this have to do with Chucks problem / resolution?

Second this! Lange, you should probably start a new thread in the FTA receivers forum about Azboz problems if you want to discuss it, or it'll just end up a back and forth thing about who's right and who's wrong and only result in getting this thread closed and forcing Chuck to open a new thread.

I am keeping the azbox in the garage. that's my hideout. I tumble rocks, make beer, make rosaries, and eat hot salsa there. wife doesn't like those things except once in a while she sees a polished rock she likes and takes it into the house...
it's a lot harder to program the azbox instead of the microhd. I have 50 satellites I programmed in on the microhd but am not doing that many on the azbox. k band is usals so I don't have to locate the satellites but I have to go to each individually to scan them. I wish azbox would have a multiple scan. maybe it does but I haven't figured it out yet. charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)